NF7 S2G, WOUN'T REBOOT

Old March 19th 06, 06:23 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default NF7 S2G, WOUN'T REBOOT

After, a system crash, I hit reset, hard drive led remains on, video
on monitor blanks, cd drive lights blink, can hear cd slow down

But system does not reboot. Have to either hold "On button" in for 4
second. or switch power supply off.

Many restarts on Win XP install, restarting at 39 min remaining, locks
up at 34 min probably 15 X last night. Gave up & Installed win 98 SE.
and it also had issues. many problems, getting on board sound to be
identified, in Device manager, , on removal of device, and subsequent
refresh from Plug N Play, consistently locks up. TV Tuner card,
install crashes..

Athlon 2000xp
2 256 sticks ram Pc 3200 ram, new
Ram at 200 MHz in Bios.
all other hardware supported KX7-333 until capacitor issue bit me
AGAIN.. lost 2, KT7A Raid boards to it.

Any Ideas, other than return board?
Old March 20th 06, 08:56 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 13:23:00 -0500, ward_cleaver
had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

After, a system crash, I hit reset, hard drive led remains on, video
on monitor blanks, cd drive lights blink, can hear cd slow down

But system does not reboot. Have to either hold "On button" in for 4
second. or switch power supply off.

Many restarts on Win XP install, restarting at 39 min remaining, locks
up at 34 min probably 15 X last night. Gave up & Installed win 98 SE.
and it also had issues. many problems, getting on board sound to be
identified, in Device manager, , on removal of device, and subsequent
refresh from Plug N Play, consistently locks up. TV Tuner card,
install crashes..

Athlon 2000xp
2 256 sticks ram Pc 3200 ram, new
Ram at 200 MHz in Bios.
all other hardware supported KX7-333 until capacitor issue bit me
AGAIN.. lost 2, KT7A Raid boards to it.

Any Ideas, other than return board?

CPU heatsink properly installed and its fan running?
Bad memory.
Failing power supply or not able to supply enough amps.

Stephen
Old March 21st 06, 12:04 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:56:02 GMT, Stephen wrote:

[...]

Ok,
Maybe I gave too much information..
System wont fully reboot. hard disk continue to run, when I expect
them to reset & and reboot the system..
Am well past any cpu heatsink issue, as I dont smell smoke, and cpu
temp monitor is ok at 96 deg F
Old March 21st 06, 05:13 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:04:46 -0500, ward_cleaver
[...]

Then it could be the new memory. I would also make sure the ide
cables are good by using a different one.

I once had a flaky dimm, XP, Win2k and Win98 wouldn't complete an
install or run properly.

Stephen

Reboot problem Gary Gateway Computers 3 August 31st 04 04:42 PM
Reboot during games and DVD play? J?j? Ati Videocards 19 May 2nd 04 06:30 PM
Hard drive keeps going corrupt upon reboot Jon Davis General 5 March 27th 04 11:05 AM
GoBack Error will not reboot computer! HELP! J Z Gateway Computers 3 October 28th 03 03:46 AM
New System P4PE - Spontaneous Reboot Question Lagartija Asus Motherboards 4 July 1st 03 10:09 PM