Drivers for this camera?

Old December 30th 03, 10:03 PM
Tony Sutton

Default Drivers for this camera?

This camera

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...roductId=61375

No idea of its make, model, etc. No label or sticker on the camera. It is
also nameless.

The box was thrown away.

Anyone knows what make this is? And is there any Windows XP drivers for this
camera? Obviously, I need to know the model of this camera before searching
for the correct drivers.

Thanks,

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Old December 31st 03, 06:49 AM
SlAyEr

yep thats a smart cam.....

i did the same too and threw away the box....

and lost the stupid cd too

i sent my niece the second cam i the box and the cd with it... shes on
holiday so im waiting till she comes back to get the drivers from her....

good cams too i rememebr..

anyway if yu get a driver in the meantime.....post it here.. if i get one
ill post it on here too...

finding a driver online has been a problem as the smartcam drivers i have
downloaded dont work...

thing is this cam is installed on my upstairs pc but wont allow me to use
those drivers for this pc (yes ive tried everything)

but i am working on getting the drivers for this camera so in reality its
only a matter of time....i hope

let me know how yu get on......

regards slayer

"Tony Sutton" wrote in message
This camera

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...y?storeId=1000
1&langId=-1&catalogId=1001&productId=61375

Old December 31st 03, 07:40 AM
Tony Sutton

"SlAyEr" wrote in message

i sent my niece the second cam i the box and the cd with it... shes on
holiday so im waiting till she comes back to get the drivers from her....

You're the only hope I have as I'm having no luck with finding the drivers.

When you do get it, send it to my e-mail addrress (mind the spamtrap), as
you can't post it in here as this is not a binary newsgroup.

Cheers.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
Air conditioned environment - Do NOT open Windows!

Old December 31st 03, 04:38 PM
SlAyEr

as for whether this is a binaries ng or not doenst alter my descision to
post the above files....

as far as i can see if one isnt spamming one can do what one likes,,,,

and i tend to do what i like.....

anyway the girl aint back off holiday yet and i know she has the
drivers......but hey if all else fails

ill go to argos and buy another set of these cams its always prudent to have
a spare or two...

it will get sorted eventually

regards slayer

"SlAyEr" wrote in message
i just found this folder in my system......not sure if these are the

working
camera drivers tho but worth a try

ill attatch them fr you

put these in their own folder and update the drivers from this folder...

good luck let me know how it goes

Old December 31st 03, 05:43 PM
Tony Sutton

"SlAyEr" wrote in message
as for whether this is a binaries ng or not doenst alter my descision to
post the above files....

Er.. if you do post it in here, I won't be able to get it because my ISP
blocks binary in a non binary newsgroup. Which is obviously correct Internet
standard.

Thanks,

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Old January 2nd 04, 07:16 PM
SlAyEr

right guys...

i found the drivers tony needed and placed them on my server..

anybody in need of files or has any to share i will willingley place them on
my server for people to access..

so if you spent ages getting a driver for some device you had not used then
get in touch with me and we can place it on the server for sharing with
other people that are looking for that driver too..

or any good sound information about webcams can be placed on the server
too...

might as well make good use of it......

the files allready there are for the argos smartcam... they sold them in
pairs...very cheap but not that bad quality..

regards for the new year

slayer

"Si Ballenger" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:38:34 +0000 (UTC), "SlAyEr"
wrote:

as for whether this is a binaries ng or not doenst alter my descision to
post the above files....

as far as i can see if one isnt spamming one can do what one likes,,,,

and i tend to do what i like.....

A wiser thing to do is go to geocities and get a web page and put
the drivers there so they will be available any time in the
future.

Old January 5th 04, 04:20 PM
Adrian Wright

The drivers are also available through the manufacturers, at
http://www.dynamode.net

The camera you want is the M6215

I bought two from Argos yesterday, and have one working fine.... but am
having great problems getting two of these on the same Win2K machine to work
properly (well, at all for the second one). Device manager just lists it
with an ! and gives 'error code 10 - device failed to start'

Dunno what it is, but if anyone has two working on a Win2K machine I'd be
pleased to know - and if anyone can think of why I can't get this to work
and a possible fix, I'd also VERY much like to know.

Thanks

Adrian

Old January 6th 04, 06:13 AM
SlAyEr

problem will be the system trying to use the same driver for two cams....

it wont have it...

nut if you can force one cam to use the basic windows driver and the other
cam to use the driver supplied....

you might just get lucky...

i would suggest if you have the capabilities.. to plug one into usb2 and one
into usb1,,

again if your lucky it might not be too hard to get both to work in this set
up..

but unless you have this theni suggest getting another camera from a
different manufacturer..

thanks for the driver link.. ill add that to my server

regards slayer

"Adrian Wright" wrote in
message ...