DVD burners is 16X it?

Old September 30th 05, 02:54 PM
kony

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:57:26 -0500, "Joe"
wrote:

Thanks
This is what I was getting at but I guess I misworded my question. If I
understand you correctly, due to the same type of limitations that capped CD
burning at 52X DVD has been capped at 16X.
Joe

That's the theory, but using more robust spindle motor or
optical disc medium might be possible, probably is though
allowances might need be made for this (medium change) when
burning.

Old September 30th 05, 03:27 PM
CFran

I've got a Plextor PX-740A and Verbatim DVD-R's, so yeah, I can burn at
16X confidently, and I never had any problem with burning at such a
speed

Bob wrote:
On 28 Sep 2005 15:50:22 -0700, "CFran" wrote:

go for a 16X burner, I got one myself, and it's all good

Burn at 8x until you can convince yourself the combination of burner
and media will burn properly at 16x. Personally I would not trust any
media to burn at 16x unless the burner was an NEC 3540 and the media
was TY or Verbatim.

--

Greatest Movie Line Ever
http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/MovieLine.wmv

"What is history but the story of how politicians have
squandered the blood and treasure of the human race?"
--Thomas Sowell