Scanner missing essential file.

Old July 29th 07, 02:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
The Old Fart

Default Scanner missing essential file.

I have been having problems with my Epson Perfection 1660 Photo Scanner.
I tried reinstalling the software. As its being installs it detects
the original software & says that it will remove it first. During the
instillation the I am advised that a file 'EPPRINT\english\set.exe' is
missing. It continues installing but once finished the program won't
start because some file is missing. The name of missing file is just
gobbledygook.

I have done a search of the Epson disk & there is a folder called
EPPRINT on it but no instance of EPPRINT.setuo.exe.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Old July 29th 07, 05:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
CSM1

"The Old Fart" " " wrote in message
u...
I have been having problems with my Epson Perfection 1660 Photo Scanner.
I tried reinstalling the software. As its being installs it detects
the original software & says that it will remove it first. During the
instillation the I am advised that a file 'EPPRINT\english\set.exe' is
missing. It continues installing but once finished the program won't
start because some file is missing. The name of missing file is just
gobbledygook.

I have done a search of the Epson disk & there is a folder called
EPPRINT on it but no instance of EPPRINT.setuo.exe.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

You should scan your computer for malicious software. Then remove the
current Epson Driver and install the latest from Epson.

Before you install the new driver remove the old driver and do a search in
the registry for dregs of the old Epson driver. Reboot computer.

Epson Perfection 1660 Photo scanner Support.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...yp e=Overview

Drivers & Downloads Click Windows.

In the Windows drivers there are three downloads, you only need one
depending on what version of windows you are using, If you are using Windows
XP, get the TWAIN Driver v5.71A (Rev.F)

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Old July 30th 07, 06:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
The Old Fart

CSM1 wrote:
[...]

I completely deleted as Epson entries from the PC using uninstall,
search & delete those still found & then removed 2 references to Epson
using regedit . Then I installed the newly downloaded driver & finally
installed Epson Smart suite. During the latter instillation I still got
the message that 'EPPRINT\english\set.exe' is missing. The instillation
continued. Once completed I clicked to open SmartPanel only to get
message that 'The procedure entry point
?CopyRect@PIsm@@QEAHPAV1@PAUtagPOINT@@PAUtagRECT@@ H@Z could not be
located in the dynamic link library.

Despite this I opened Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 & selected get pictures
from scanner & the Epson scanner application opened & I was able to do a
scan. Even though this worked it isn't as easy to scan as when using
SmartPanel How do I fix the error?

--
Thanks in advance
Old July 30th 07, 04:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
CSM1

CSM1 wrote:
[...]

I do not know for sure,

If I took a guess, I would say, open Smart panel and find the Applications
assigned to the buttons on the scanner (assign applications that you do
have), Or not use Smart Panel at all.

Maybe this will help.
Assigning Different Applications to the Buttons in Windows
http://files.support.epson.com/htmld..._rf/useb_6.htm

Smart Panel is not available except on the original CD, It is showing its
age.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

missing php.ini file sid Webcams 0 January 31st 07 01:24 AM
missing language resource file tom Ati Videocards 0 September 4th 06 05:42 PM
missing or corrupted file klone Storage (alternative) 1 March 19th 06 01:46 PM
missing atidtct.hlp file Hairy Jay Ati Videocards 3 October 10th 04 02:11 PM
Missing or corrupt file William J. Lunsford Gateway Computers 2 April 5th 04 02:17 PM