SB 0220 digital 5.1 drivers help

Old August 18th 03, 06:23 PM
Pietersen

Default SB 0220 digital 5.1 drivers help

Shepİ wrote in news:kacugvgh39fj7s33eevngl241n7e88ddmn@
4ax.com:

I'am stuck with the same problem. So if you have found some working
drivers (for win98 SE) please share it with us.

I don't have a Dell system but I've unfortunately bought an OEM SB0220
card which I understand now from google searches is not a,"True"
Creative labs card With the supplied Creative Cdrom drivers disk the
card does work to the most degree in win98SE and XP but I would like
to try the Dell drivers or others(Compaq).
I've tried the Dell site but of course I need a Tag number to gain
access to the driver's downloads.
Can anyone point me to an FTP download of the drivers or a tag
number or system number that has this card installed so I can try some
or any other recommended driver download

Card is not sharing an IRQ.

Thanks for any response

Old August 20th 03, 07:57 PM
Shepİ

On 18 Aug 2003 17:23:13 GMT, In this world we created Pietersen
wrote :

Shepİ wrote in news:kacugvgh39fj7s33eevngl241n7e88ddmn@
4ax.com:

I'am stuck with the same problem. So if you have found some working
drivers (for win98 SE) please share it with us.

The supplied disk drivers that I have do work but the sound is not
that good.I think the cards themselves are a bit of poo.I put my old
trusty cheap PCI 128 card back in and the sound is excellent for the
price.
What I can tell you is that you should,"Only" install the drivers and
not all the other software as there may be some faults in the creative
software and also disable the creative startup items like Jetaudio
using the free Mike Linn's Startup Control panel,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html
I have an old ISA AWE 64 which blows the 5.1 away for sound quality
even though it doesn't have all the snazzy features.
I may give the 5.1 another go when I'm bored but the PCI 128 is soo
good,robust and easy to install I usually go back to it.A little gem
of a card IMHO.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old August 20th 03, 09:05 PM
Pietersen

Shepİ wrote in
:

wrote :

Shepİ wrote in
news:kacugvgh39fj7s33eevngl241n7e88ddmn@ 4ax.com:

I'am stuck with the same problem. So if you have found some working
drivers (for win98 SE) please share it with us.

The supplied disk drivers that I have do work but the sound is not
that good.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can post the drivers somewhere in a
usenet binaries group. So I can download them. And I'am probably not the
only one. Please share it.

Greetings,
Pietersen

Pardon my English, I'am Dutch.

Old August 20th 03, 10:05 PM
Shepİ

On 20 Aug 2003 20:05:28 GMT, In this world we created Pietersen
wrote :

Shepİ wrote in
:

wrote :

Shepİ wrote in
news:kacugvgh39fj7s33eevngl241n7e88ddmn@ 4ax.com:

I'am stuck with the same problem. So if you have found some working
drivers (for win98 SE) please share it with us.

The supplied disk drivers that I have do work but the sound is not
that good.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can post the drivers somewhere in a
usenet binaries group. So I can download them. And I'am probably not the
only one. Please share it.

I'm sorry but I do not have access to a binary news group server.I
will try and upload them to some web space.

Greetings,
Pietersen

Pardon my English, I'am Dutch.

Old August 20th 03, 10:41 PM
Shepİ

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:05:44 +0100, In this world we created Shepİ
wrote :

On 20 Aug 2003 20:05:28 GMT, In this world we created Pietersen
wrote :

Shepİ wrote in
m:

wrote :

Shepİ wrote in
news:kacugvgh39fj7s33eevngl241n7e88ddmn@ 4ax.com:

I'am stuck with the same problem. So if you have found some working
drivers (for win98 SE) please share it with us.

The supplied disk drivers that I have do work but the sound is not
that good.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can post the drivers somewhere in a
usenet binaries group. So I can download them. And I'am probably not the
only one. Please share it.

I'm sorry but I do not have access to a binary news group server.I
will try and upload them to some web space.

You will need,"Winrar" to extract,
http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/98se_me.rar
to a temp folder and manually update/install them.
File will be deleted in a couple of days.
Hope it works for you.

Greetings,
Pietersen

Pardon my English, I'am Dutch.

Old August 21st 03, 07:04 PM
Pietersen

Shepİ wrote in news:tlq7kv4ph7bf943h1crpin1o395mksc7cc@
4ax.com:

wrote :

On 20 Aug 2003 20:05:28 GMT, In this world we created Pietersen
wrote :

Shepİ wrote in
:

wrote :

Shepİ wrote in
news:kacugvgh39fj7s33eevngl241n7e88ddmn@ 4ax.com:

I'am stuck with the same problem. So if you have found some working
drivers (for win98 SE) please share it with us.

The supplied disk drivers that I have do work but the sound is not
that good.
I would greatly appreciate it if you can post the drivers somewhere in

usenet binaries group. So I can download them. And I'am probably not

the
only one. Please share it.

I'm sorry but I do not have access to a binary news group server.I
will try and upload them to some web space.

You will need,"Winrar" to extract,
http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/98se_me.rar
to a temp folder and manually update/install them.
File will be deleted in a couple of days.
Hope it works for you.

Thanx! Downloaded it succesfully. I will try them as soon as I'm back
from my holiday.

Greetings,
Pietersen

Pardon my English, I'am Dutch.

Old August 21st 03, 07:21 PM
Shepİ

wrote :

On 20 Aug 2003 20:05:28 GMT, In this world we created Pietersen
wrote :

Shepİ wrote in
m:

wrote :

[...]

Let me know how you go please

Greetings,
Pietersen

Pardon my English, I'am Dutch.

Old September 20th 03, 11:12 AM
Pietersen

Shepİ wrote in
:

Once you wrote:
You will need,"Winrar" to extract,
http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/98se_me.rar
to a temp folder and manually update/install them.
File will be deleted in a couple of days.
Hope it works for you.

Thanx! Downloaded it succesfully. I will try them as soon as I'm back
from my holiday.

Let me know how you go please

Oke, here are the results.

I past the file to the person with the SB Live! 5.1 Digital. He installed
his soundcard and... Yes, there was light (sound). Although the sound
quality wasn't that great. But this is maybe caused by bad mp3's. We will
do some more testing.

We also tried the drivers from www.kxproject.com. Works great and lost of
adjustable settings.

Greetings,
Pietersen

Pardon my English, I'am Dutch.
Old September 20th 03, 02:07 PM
Shepİ

On 20 Sep 2003 10:12:12 GMT, In this world we created Pietersen
wrote :

Shepİ wrote in
:

Once you wrote:
You will need,"Winrar" to extract,
http://www.sheppola.karoo.net/98se_me.rar
to a temp folder and manually update/install them.
File will be deleted in a couple of days.
Hope it works for you.

Thanx! Downloaded it succesfully. I will try them as soon as I'm back
from my holiday.

Let me know how you go please

Oke, here are the results.

I past the file to the person with the SB Live! 5.1 Digital. He installed
his soundcard and... Yes, there was light (sound). Although the sound
quality wasn't that great. But this is maybe caused by bad mp3's. We will
do some more testing.

We also tried the drivers from www.kxproject.com. Works great and lost of
adjustable settings.

Greetings,