Ferarri 3400 dead

Old March 16th 05, 07:18 PM
Thompa

Default Ferarri 3400 dead

Anyone who knows if there's a general reset button on the Acer Ferrari
3400LXi? Mine went dead after less tahn 3 weeks... :-(
It says nada at bootup, nothing shows on the screen, just the fan, CD
and disk spins for a while...

Regards,

/Thommy M.
Old March 16th 05, 07:33 PM
P. van Veen

If it's a new one I would return it immediately to Acer since you have at
least 1 year full guarantee.

Regards,

Pierre

"Thompa" schreef in bericht

Old March 16th 05, 08:09 PM
Thompa

P. van Veen wrote:
If it's a new one I would return it immediately to Acer since you have at
least 1 year full guarantee.

Yeah, probably will... I've only had it for 3 weeks so I'm quite
disappointed. Newer had to send anything away before in my 20 years
of computer experience... At least not something of my private stuff.

/Thommy M.

Regards,

Pierre

"Thompa" schreef in bericht

Old March 17th 05, 11:46 PM
P. van Veen

Well Thommy sometimes **** happens. But it's good to know that Acer has a
good repair and aftersalesservice (at least for Europe).

Regards,

Pierre

"Thompa" schreef in bericht

Old March 18th 05, 01:09 AM
daman

Good luck with Acer repair! It took em 3 months and 3 tries
to fix my laptop.

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:46:26 +0100, "P. van Veen"
wrote:

Well Thommy sometimes **** happens. But it's good to know that Acer has a
good repair and aftersalesservice (at least for Europe).

Regards,

Pierre

"Thompa" schreef in bericht
. ..

Old March 18th 05, 09:15 AM
Thompa

P. van Veen wrote:
Well Thommy sometimes **** happens. But it's good to know that Acer has a
good repair and aftersalesservice (at least for Europe).

I always had a paper on my office door saying "**** Happens"...
Now that I left my previous job (to start my own consulting) I took
that paper down, and bad luck hit me directly... ;-)

Well, we see how Acer will handle this. Talked to the support yesterday
and te guy there said that they will probably swap the motherboard.
Waiting for the papers to send it in with now...

I'll summarise what they do and the time it will take.

Cheers,

/Thommy M.

When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

Regards,

Pierre

"Thompa" schreef in bericht

Old March 19th 05, 12:09 AM
Good Man

Thompa wrote in
:

I'll summarise what they do and the time it will take.

For ****s-n-giggles, if you have a digicam you should take a few close-up
shots of the laptop at various angles to document its condition before you
send it in.... i've heard horror stories of various repair depots sending
laptops back with cracks in cases, broken hinges, etc.... hopefully your
experience will be a-ok.
Old March 21st 05, 10:29 AM
Thompa

Good Man wrote:
Thompa wrote in
:

I'll summarise what they do and the time it will take.

For ****s-n-giggles, if you have a digicam you should take a few close-up
shots of the laptop at various angles to document its condition before you
send it in.... i've heard horror stories of various repair depots sending
laptops back with cracks in cases, broken hinges, etc.... hopefully your
experience will be a-ok.

To late, the pickup guy was here just an hour after I called them...
That's promising...

/Thommy M.
Old March 30th 05, 07:38 PM
Duemela

remove the battery pack
remove local power source
press button on/off for 30 seconds
connects local power source
press button ON

If it does not work it contacts the support center
AS I HAVE MADE !!!!!! sigh sigh

today I have sent my computer ACER FERRARI 3400 to support center (MILANO -
Italy)

bye

--
http://www.treklens.com/members/duemela/photos/

Old April 4th 05, 04:20 PM
scurdyness

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....
Exactly the same thing happened to mine last week.....scary!
It was picked up this morning and I was told 10 days turn around
time.
Mine was 3 months old, hope it's not like the cars and need tuned and
serviced every time, after nipping down to Tesco!
:roll:
Will keep you posted on what happens to mine, please do the same with
yours

Cheers
Scurd