Ferarri 3400 dead

Old April 8th 05, 09:28 AM
Thompa

This Monday I was tired of waiting for my new Ferrari (as is/was
Michael&Rubens I suppose ;-)) so I sent the reapir center a mail asking
for status.
"They were waiting for HW" was the answer... Today I asked again 'cause
it's now three (3) weeks since I sent it in. No reply yet...

Seems as Ferrari isn't the brand of choice these days... But I'm sure it
will be different at the end of the season. The new Ferrari looked
promising the short time it lived... ;-)

/Thommy M.

scurdyness wrote:
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....
Exactly the same thing happened to mine last week.....scary!
It was picked up this morning and I was told 10 days turn around
time.
Mine was 3 months old, hope it's not like the cars and need tuned and
serviced every time, after nipping down to Tesco!
:roll:
Will keep you posted on what happens to mine, please do the same with
yours

Cheers
Scurd

Old April 9th 05, 12:03 AM
Charlie Andrews

"Thompa" wrote in message
Good Man wrote:
Thompa wrote in
:
I'll summarise what they do and the time it will take.

For ****s-n-giggles, if you have a digicam you should take a few close-up
shots of the laptop at various angles to document its condition before
you send it in.... i've heard horror stories of various repair depots
sending laptops back with cracks in cases, broken hinges, etc....
hopefully your experience will be a-ok.

To late, the pickup guy was here just an hour after I called them...
That's promising...

/Thommy M.

That's not bad.

My bird's desktop PC has been waiting for a repair for 5 months and more
now. Engineer promised for Thursday!

Acer have provided an incredibly poor aftersales service.

Good luck with yours!
Charlie

Old April 9th 05, 10:24 AM
TGGA

Charlie Andrews with the aid of a ZX Spectrum on acid typed:

"Thompa" wrote in message
Good Man wrote:
Thompa wrote in
:
I'll summarise what they do and the time it will take.

For ****s-n-giggles, if you have a digicam you should take a few
close-up shots of the laptop at various angles to document its condition
before you send it in.... i've heard horror stories of various repair
depots sending laptops back with cracks in cases, broken hinges, etc....
hopefully your experience will be a-ok.

To late, the pickup guy was here just an hour after I called them...
That's promising...

/Thommy M.

That's not bad.

My bird's desktop PC has been waiting for a repair for 5 months and more
now. Engineer promised for Thursday!

Acer have provided an incredibly poor aftersales service.

Good luck with yours!
Charlie

Sounds better than IBM's in that case. 14 months after buying an IBM the
screen went blank. Phoned 'em up and returned it to them. They then sent a
FAX wanted 885.00 UKP for a new motherboard! Phone them up and told them it
must be a manufacturing fault. 'Sure' they said, 'but it's out of warrenty'
They then sent me it back and a bill for 60.00 for not fixing it. Told them
to find somewhere dark and stick the bill.

I'd bought 18 IBM's for work. I would *never* buy an IBM ever again. Pieces
of s**t, I'd sooner buy Acer, my Ferarri 3200 has been rock solid since I
bought it in December, runnning both WIndows and Linux.

Pete

Old April 10th 05, 01:04 AM
scrapper

Give that Ferrari a little more time and you might get to like your
IBMs

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 10:24:07 +0100, TGGA
wrote:

Charlie Andrews with the aid of a ZX Spectrum on acid typed:

"Thompa" wrote in message
Good Man wrote:
Thompa wrote in
:

Old April 12th 05, 09:00 PM
Thompa

Thompa wrote:
This Monday I was tired of waiting for my new Ferrari (as is/was
Michael&Rubens I suppose ;-)) so I sent the reapir center a mail asking
for status.
"They were waiting for HW" was the answer... Today I asked again 'cause
it's now three (3) weeks since I sent it in. No reply yet...

I called support yesterday and told them that 3 weeks is far too long to
wait. They agreed and promptly told me that they will ship me a _brand
new_ machine within two days, as they haven't managed to fix it.

That's OK, only that I have to gather all add ons again and reinstall
everything. Not to mention all data that I haven't been able to backup...

Acer support (in Sweden) isn't very highly recognized by me at the
moment... :-(

/Thommy M.

Old April 14th 05, 06:18 PM
Thompa

Today a got my new Ferrari 3400... Hope this one is better. But I
doubt... It's exactly (on the hour) 4 weeks since the other one went
belly up!

Just about to start partitioning and do Solaris 10 installation again...

Cheers,

/Thommy M.

Old May 4th 05, 02:29 PM
scurdyness

It took longer for me to contact the courier company to come and
collect it than it took Acer to repair it.
I had it back with new motherboard in 10 days, not bad going
considering it was 5 days before the couriers picked it up
Well done Acer