A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » Sound Cards » PC Soundcards
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

New sound card...slight issue

Old February 24th 08, 12:01 AM

First recorded activity by HardwareBanter: Feb 2008
Default New sound card...slight issue

Hey all,

well some of you may know i got a new sound card recently - Aureal Vortex 2 SQ2500 Quad PCI Sound Card.

well after alot of internet searching to get the thing to work when i first installed it its been great so far,Sound quality is much better than onboard.

however i do still have a slight issue with it.

it works fine on everything i do like play games,Listen to music,plays the usual stuff it should exept if i put my computer into Hibernation mode and then start it back up later i get no sound from the card at all.

and therefore i have to restart my pc and it works again

its not realy a big issue but i would prefer not to have to restart my pc everytime because i usualy Hibernate instead of shutting down the pc.

any recomendations appreciated.

tks