"send to" glitch

Old February 27th 04, 07:26 PM
Blade

Default "send to" glitch

Has anyone run across this problem, and if so have you found a solution?

When I right click on a file, and get my options menu up, if I just
hilight the send to option, I don't get the sub menu, instead I get the
screen blanked except for the wallpaper, and then the screen redraws
itself with th ewindow or file that I had selected closed.

Any suggestions (other than reformating)
Old February 27th 04, 09:54 PM
Blade

That is a good Idea, I checked and there is nothing there that is a problem.

MarkS wrote:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:26:20 GMT, Blade wrote:

Has anyone run across this problem, and if so have you found a solution?

When I right click on a file, and get my options menu up, if I just
hilight the send to option, I don't get the sub menu, instead I get the
screen blanked except for the wallpaper, and then the screen redraws
itself with th ewindow or file that I had selected closed.

Any suggestions (other than reformating)

Check what is in the "send to" folder (which is found under the
"documents and settings/Username" folder). Perhaps you have a shortcut
to an unavailable network drive, or some other dodgy shortcut there

MarkS

Old February 28th 04, 10:04 AM
Hank Arnold

What *is* there? Maybe you can temporarily move the stuff out into another
folder and see what happens...

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

Old February 28th 04, 12:55 PM
Quaoar

Blade wrote:
Has anyone run across this problem, and if so have you found a
solution?

When I right click on a file, and get my options menu up, if I just
hilight the send to option, I don't get the sub menu, instead I get
the screen blanked except for the wallpaper, and then the screen
redraws itself with th ewindow or file that I had selected closed.

Any suggestions (other than reformating)

When odd stuff happens, Kelly's Korner is a good place to start for
common and not-so-common reg fixes.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm KK is difficult to find
what is needed sometimes, but is easier to search than the KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Old February 28th 04, 07:52 PM
Blade

I just tried that, thanks for the suggestion. No change though, I think
I will try through the registry.....