Old December 13th 20, 03:37 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
JT[_4_]

Default Have you ever had a working PC that wouldn't go into the BIOS mode?

Arlen Holder wrote:

On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 02:20:08 +0000 (UTC), JT wrote:

Using a PS/2 style keyboard solved the issue.

Hi JT,
I don't see any PS/2 inputs, nor do I have the keyboard anyway.
o https://i.postimg.cc/GpkgdmxT/cmos01.jpg

Here's what happens with the Genymotion Android 10 Pixel3a emulation:
o https://i.postimg.cc/QdqTpBsq/cmos02.jpg
"Your CPU is incompatible with virtualization technologies."

And here's what happens with the VirtualBox virtual machine:
o https://i.postimg.cc/d1gkqrmJ/cmos03.jpg
"AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS (or by the host OS)
(VERR_SVM_DISABLED)."

Googling, there's "apparently" a way to force the CMOS to come up
o Apparently by shorting a jumper somewhere (but I'm not sure where).

What model PC?

A pic of the back of the motherboard with all the inputs would be helpful.

JT