Old June 14th 21, 04:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
...w¡ñ§±¤n

Default Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller might be bad for privacy andeffect your hardware

Norm Why wrote:

There is no was to uninstall Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller. Sometimes
it may encourage a hardware controller to be uninstalled.

Using an mSATA SSD in addition to a SATA SSD solves the lack of reliability
for my Sedna. Before, with just a SATA SSD, the drive would crash and not
come up again with reboot. Forensic analysis showed the file system was
trashed.

Question: Can Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller trash a physical drive? In
science we use working assumptions. If a piece of software appears be
operating in a destructive, deceitful
manner, I assume the person responsible is destructive, deceitful. Enter,
stage left, Microsoft.

Storage Spaces(SS) is part of Windows 10.
Thus no way to uninstall.

....but, the default is 'Off'
- It can only be turned on/implemented when an end user combines 2 or more
drives into a single logical pool.
- the minimum 2 or more drives can not be the o/s drive or unless
wiped(another existing internal drive with existing data - if chosen W10's
SS will inform that selecting will wipe the drive)

If trashing a drive means and end user selecting an existing drive,
ignoring the caution, then yes SS can 'trash' the drive.

Only the end user admin can add or remove drives from the pool and delete
and existing Storage Space.

Which makes it even more odd that you mentioned this earlier, which would
appear to be the cause of confusion on other replies.
"If Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller can find storage online, it
prefers to give you that storage rather than your device storage you're
trying to connect to."

It doesn't appear based on your existing info that you've turned on and
implemented SS.

--