Old March 13th 21, 10:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_28_]

Default Why is this HDD so small?

Frank Slootweg wrote:
micky wrote:
Why is this so small?

Alternatively, why aren't they all so small?
Less than 4" x 1 1/4" x 1/3".

Is it a real HDD, a spinner, with a rotating platter? It calls it a
harddrive more than once, and never uses SSD, etc. but it's so small.

https://www.amazon.com/External-Hard...9&sr=1-11&th=1

What about that it has no brand name? Would you buy it for a backup
drive?

For file backup, is a real 2.5" external drive better for backup?
external 2.5" HDD, SSD, 3.5" HDD in a dock

No offense, but why even consider stuff from weird merchants which
peddle their stuff via Amazon!?

Don't you have *reputable* webshops in the US?

Have you even seen the 'name' of the merchant?

'qingyuanshiyongxinxiecaibaozhuangyouxiangongsi'? Give me a break!
(At least that's what it says when using your URL from The Netherlands.)

It doesn't matter how 'cheap' it is, I would never trust my data to
fishy no-name stuff like that, especially not from a fishy merchant.

Unbelievable.

Google Translate could do that one.

"Qingyuan Intentions Xie Cai Packing Co., Ltd."

The first word may have been intended to be "Clear"
as in "Clear Intentions". Just fiddling with the
translate box a bit.

Paul