Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ian Jackson[_2_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 25th 16, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
How to copy everything from one hard drive to another?

In message , Paul writes
Ian Jackson wrote:

There is not much you need to 'know about' about cloning. Some time
ago, I used to practise...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 16, 07:40 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
How to copy everything from one hard drive to another?

In message , Mr. Man-wai Chang
writes
On 23/04/2016 10:23 AM, ishTish@not. wrote:
I've recently added a second hard drive to my home tower...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 16, 07:23 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
How to copy everything from one hard drive to another?

In message , Larc
writes
On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 11:28:42 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

| In...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 16, 11:28 AM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
How to copy everything from one hard drive to another?

In message ,
writes
I've recently added a second hard drive to my home tower PC and want to copy
everything from the original hard...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 1st 15, 01:54 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 12
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
refurbished HDDs?

In message , Mark Perkins
writes
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 11:38:23 -0400, Tim Slattery wrote:

We've had a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 10th 15, 09:28 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
Making two partition copies in turn

In message , micky
writes

So with all the extra empty space, I put more
partitions on each drive. A backup of my laptop,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 9th 15, 07:50 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
Making two partition copies in turn

In message , "Ken Blake,
MVP" writes
On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 16:15:23 +0100, Ian Jackson
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 9th 15, 04:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
Making two partition copies in turn

In message , "Ken Blake,
MVP" writes
On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 08:33:45 -0400, micky
wrote:

I'm...
Forum: Scanners December 12th 12, 09:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 2
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
WIA-compliant scanner driver for Canon MX700 on Windows 7

In message ,
JRosen writes
This question is more about software than about hardware but here goes:
The Computer...
Forum: Scanners December 1st 11, 03:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 0
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
Epson Perfection 1260 TWAIN drivers not recognised (XP Home)

My Epson Perfection 1260 (which I have been using for around eight
years) has suddenly stopped working. I'm using XP Home. However, it's
still OK on a laptop using XP Professional.

I've been...
Forum: Scanners November 29th 11, 08:53 AM Posted to alt.computer.drivers.wanted,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Ian Jackson[_2_]
Driver for Microtek Scanmaker 3600

In message , Lil' Dave