Linksys NIC

Old January 17th 05, 02:20 AM
Hans Wankle

Default Linksys NIC

I have an older Linksys LNE100TX Ver.2 network card that I bought in the Windows98 days. I have been using the onboard network card on my one year old Asus board. It stopped working. When I checked there were no lights showing connection or activity. Rather than RMA the board I just installed the Linksys card, installed the drivers, and it showed up in Windows as working. However it will not access my ISP when set to auto detect or manual settings. Since this is an older card Linksys does not have XP drivers for it. I tried Windows2000 drivers but without success. I finally installed an eight year old card I had and it installed perfectly. Does anyone have any ideas why the Linksys
want work on my XP system? Thanks
Old January 17th 05, 05:07 AM
kony

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:20:50 -0600, "Hans Wankle"
wrote:

I have an older Linksys LNE100TX Ver.2 network card that I bought in the Windows98 days. I have been using the onboard network card on my one year old Asus board. It stopped working. When I checked there were no lights showing connection or activity. Rather than RMA the board I just installed the Linksys card, installed the drivers, and it showed up in Windows as working. However it will not access my ISP when set to auto detect or manual settings. Since this is an older card Linksys does not have XP drivers for it. I tried Windows2000 drivers but without success. I finally installed an eight year old card I had and it installed perfectly. Does anyone have any ideas why the Linksys
want work on my XP system? Thanks

Did you check on whether WinXP has the appropriate driver
included? I bet it does, though no idea on what it's
called.

On the other hand, a new 10/100 NIC is what, $5?

You might try the Win2000 driver from this:
http://69.36.189.159/usr_1034/LNE100TX_v2.zip
(browse to the win2k folder from Device Manger/update drive,
or upon detection of card)
Old January 17th 05, 05:24 AM
CBFalconer

Hans Wankle wrote:

Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
Encoding: quoted-printable

Usenet is a pure text medium. If you want responses, do not use
HTML nor mime attachments.

Linksys SVPS06 pin order for ps/2? Jani Aska General 0 June 7th 04 03:36 PM
Router suggestion? BobK General 9 May 23rd 04 01:28 PM
Using Thinkpad R50 Wi-Fi with Linksys WAP MarkW General 1 February 27th 04 03:54 AM
Linksys router and PPPoE disconnect? :-| Martin Ohlsson General 0 December 13th 03 08:54 PM
Linksys 4 port router Cleo Patra General 10 November 11th 03 12:22 AM