Dell System Profiler

Old February 5th 04, 02:37 AM
hasiel

Default Dell System Profiler

Tried several times to get Dell System Profiler to examine my system.
This is the reply I get: "You have chosen to not have System Profiler
examine your computer"

I contacted Dell several times and they have not been able to solve
the problem. The latest comment that they made is that it is probably
a Registry setting.

In my C:\windows\downloaded program files is an activex control: SYS
PROWMI CLASS
Sys Pro Module
id:
{01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} It says it is damaged.

I've tried to re-install the Dell Support software, that I was told
was crucial in running the SYSTEM PROFILER. The installation fails
with the following message:

Internal Error
27.55 1624,
c:\dell\drivers\R41409\Dsupport.msi

I've done three SYSTEM RESTORES to previous times and still come up
with a damaged activex control and unable to complete the installation
of the Dell Support software. The reason why I need this to work is
that is how I access important and current information about my
computer and its accessories.

I've given up asking Dell for help as it is too frustrating to be put
on hold for along time and be told that someone will call me back and
no-one does.

My question: What do I need to do to the registry to get this to work?

Thanks.
T.Ha
Old February 5th 04, 02:54 AM
HillBillyBuddhist

"hasiel" wrote in message
om...
Tried several times to get Dell System Profiler to examine my system.
This is the reply I get: "You have chosen to not have System Profiler
examine your computer"

Perhaps this applies to your situation.

I use SlimBrowser (an Internet Explorer "add on" which includes a popup
stopper.) I also use plain Internet Explorer with no popup stopper. If I
attempt to use the Profiler with SlimBrowser I get the same "You have
chosen to not have System Profiler examine your computer" message that you
get. If I use Internet Explorer it works fine.

If you're using a popup stopper and/or other software/settings that might be
affecting Java or activex scripting you might want to try it without those
restrictions.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details.

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Old February 5th 04, 07:30 AM
S.Lewis

"hasiel" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Try another program that will give you detailed system information on both
hardware and software, and it's a free download:

It's small, harmless, and I've used it on every machine I own as well as
other systems that I needed to inventory all HW and SW....

Stew