Lock-up problems with 6325cl presario

Old December 31st 03, 10:55 PM

Default Lock-up problems with 6325cl presario

Hi,

I've got a refurb 6325cl presario. It has a bad habit of locking up. When
this happens the screen shrinks to ~80% of normal size and oscillates
wildly. The PC becomes totally locked up - no inputs allowed at all -
keyboard mouse - nothing. I can reset by holding the power button for 10
seconds or unplugging. It reboots fine - no error messages visible. It
happens 4-5 time in an hour and then nothing for a day or two.

Any Ideas - TIA,
Rob

Old January 9th 04, 08:18 AM
andrew2000

update video drivers

wrote in message
news
Hi,

I've got a refurb 6325cl presario. It has a bad habit of locking up.

When
this happens the screen shrinks to ~80% of normal size and oscillates
wildly. The PC becomes totally locked up - no inputs allowed at all -
keyboard mouse - nothing. I can reset by holding the power button for 10
seconds or unplugging. It reboots fine - no error messages visible. It
happens 4-5 time in an hour and then nothing for a day or two.

Any Ideas - TIA,
Rob

Have you had problems with iiyama VM Pro 454 or 451 monitors? Irish Rover Homebuilt PC's 8 January 8th 05 12:29 AM
KR7A-RAID locking up, sound problems Martin Abit Motherboards 5 December 28th 04 01:04 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 10:41 PM
PNY TI4600 Crash problems Kevin Nvidia Videocards 2 September 3rd 03 07:25 AM