Quantum 3D Obsidian 2 AGP ((Voodoo 2 AGP)

Old August 24th 04, 04:15 AM
Larry Roberts

Default Quantum 3D Obsidian 2 AGP ((Voodoo 2 AGP)

Found this card in a review of 3DFX Voodoo 2 cards on Tom's
Hardware
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...voodoo-14.html

Was this ever released?
Old August 24th 04, 01:29 PM
deimos

Larry Roberts wrote:

Found this card in a review of 3DFX Voodoo 2 cards on Tom's
Hardware
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...voodoo-14.html

Was this ever released?

Yes! Very much so. The 24MB model was most popular if I remember (or
maybe it was 2 12MB's). Quantum cards were _THE_ card to get for SLI.
And Quantum always had their own drivers which were considerably better
and faster than 3dFX's.

I believe Quantum was the last major brand to make a V2. They also used
the design for military simulators and were able to use many V2's in
parallel for realtime visualization.

I don't remember hearing much about them after the Banshee/Voodoo 3
release. They could have make a V4, but I don't recall it.
Old August 25th 04, 03:33 AM
ec

"deimos" wrote in message
Larry Roberts wrote:

Found this card in a review of 3DFX Voodoo 2 cards on Tom's
Hardware
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...voodoo-14.html

Was this ever released?

Yes! Very much so. The 24MB model was most popular if I remember (or
maybe it was 2 12MB's). Quantum cards were _THE_ card to get for SLI. And
Quantum always had their own drivers which were considerably better and
faster than 3dFX's.

I believe Quantum was the last major brand to make a V2. They also used
the design for military simulators and were able to use many V2's in
parallel for realtime visualization.

I don't remember hearing much about them after the Banshee/Voodoo 3
release. They could have make a V4, but I don't recall it.

The Obsidian 2 board was actually slower than 2 regular V2 models in SLI.

Old August 25th 04, 01:17 PM
Benno...

Larry Roberts wrote:
Found this card in a review of 3DFX Voodoo 2 cards on Tom's
Hardware
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...voodoo-14.html

Was this ever released?

I have the Quantum 3D Obsidian X-24. It had overheating problems and I
fitted it with two 1" fans to keep it from crashing (at normal clock
speeds). I do remember it was release very early during the Voodoo 2
days and it was easier to order one in the USA then to get two OEM
Voodoo 2's here in the Netherlands.

I don't think the Quantum 3D Obsidian 2 AGP was ever released. Quantum
3D still has a website (www.quantum3d.com).

B.

Need AMSET for Quantum Fireball AS40. Bronney Hui General 4 December 22nd 04 10:51 AM
PCI Voodoo 5500 card Sigmun General 6 May 5th 04 01:24 AM
Need Info on Quantum Hardcard EZ127 Vince Wirkman General 1 March 24th 04 09:59 AM
p4p800 & voodoo 5500 agp - compatible? TheLC Asus Motherboards 1 July 19th 03 04:17 AM
3dfx voodoo vs all in wonder Dennis E Strausser Jr Overclocking 2 July 14th 03 07:16 PM