A7N8X and asus SATA dongle

Old July 28th 03, 12:57 AM
cal

Default A7N8X and asus SATA dongle

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:55:58 GMT, "Beemer Biker"
wrote:

Anybody got a standard WD or Maxtor EIDE working with a SATA adapter? I
have just got in my A7N8X mombo and discovered the serial ata stuff. Newegg
has one for $25 and referred to an asus url
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/mb_accessories.htm#sata
unaccountably, the image and other info does not show up under my IE6, but I
dont see the A7N8X listed in the text that did print up. Anyone got this or
any other dongle working.

The system I am building (pulling parts from a cuv4x) will have 4 ide plus a
scsi cdburner; but if I get one of the IDE working with that serial ata
adapter I can get rid of the scsi and use a plain IDE CDR that I already
have that is faster. I only had the scsi because all 4 of the ide were used

Has anyone put a CDROM , CDR DVD, or LS120 on a serial ata adapter?

I'm running a standard IDE disk (WD/ata100) with a IWILL i2s Serial
ATA Converter. Can't remember who I ordered them from ( I have 2 of
them). They were 17 dollars apiece. Found them through Pricewatch.com.

Haven't tried anything but hard drives on sata but cdroms and other
stuff should work, including that scsi burner. Although I think you
might be better off using that stuff on IDE channels.

cary

Old July 28th 03, 12:54 PM
Gary Ellington

I've got a WD 120gb working on my A7N8X-Deluxe SATA right now. Using the
Highpoint RocketHead converter. I installed WinXP and all drivers
(including the SATA driver) using the standard IDE controller, shutdown,
switched cables, rebooted, never looked back.

HTH,
Gary

y.com...