How bad is Nero InCD?

Old November 18th 03, 06:13 PM
Bobby

Default How bad is Nero InCD?

I've used various versions of InCD (since v1) and they're all rubbish. So I
decided to get rid of it and do without using CD/DVD-RW. But I recently
tried the latest version of InCD (InCD4072) -- and it still doesn't work! My
PC refused to load it when I rebooted.

Now, I know that it will work next time I boot my PC (probably) but this is
ridiculous. The latest versions seem less stable than the earlier versions.
Is it me or is this a common problem?

I use (and like) Nero for burning CDs/DVDs or I would give another suite of
software a try.

Bobby

Old November 19th 03, 03:35 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have examples of misquotes! )

Bobby wrote:

I've used various versions of InCD (since v1) and they're all rubbish. So I
decided to get rid of it and do without using CD/DVD-RW. But I recently
tried the latest version of InCD (InCD4072) -- and it still doesn't work! My
PC refused to load it when I rebooted.

Now, I know that it will work next time I boot my PC (probably) but this is
ridiculous. The latest versions seem less stable than the earlier versions.
Is it me or is this a common problem?

I use (and like) Nero for burning CDs/DVDs or I would give another suite of
software a try.

According to KCK, InCD 3.52.40 is stable:
http://ftp.dyu.edu.tw/cpatch/cdr/nero/source/

Check out KCK's InCD troubleshoot guide:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9572 (XP)
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9997 (W2K)
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9597 (98x)
Old November 19th 03, 03:36 AM
smh

Kip wrote:

Can anyone recommend a stable packet writing software with support for
DVD-/+R/RW

Try DLA:
http://sonic.com/products/dla/features.asp

(DLA may have trouble with Nero MultiMounter/AIN control.)

(dont want to hear how PW is unreliable as personally I've
never lost data yet).

Dare to contradict Mikey Richter?

=====================================
Mike Richter & "Lethal for archiving"
=====================================

( The following applies only to )
( DirectCD and Drag-to-Disc )

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: File Integrity Errors - DirectCD Bug?
Date: 10/15/01

Combining the flaky UDF fixed-length packets with
the tendency of erasables (particularly HS) to forget
is LETHAL for archiving.
=========================
Old November 19th 03, 03:37 AM
smh

The worst packet writer has to be DirectCD when none other than a cRoxio
Shill rejected it:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 8/19/02

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software -
but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 6/17/02

uninstalled DCD
when I stopped testing for Roxio
=====================

The above Mikey's statement is the first ever case in which a Shill is
rejecting the very product IT is shilling for.

With a Shill like this, cRoxio doesn't need any critics!

--------------------------
cRoxio, Eat Your Heart Out !!!
--------------------------

Kip wrote:

In article ,
said...
I've used various versions of InCD (since v1) and they're all rubbish. So I
decided to get rid of it and do without using CD/DVD-RW. But I recently
tried the latest version of InCD (InCD4072) -- and it still doesn't work! My
PC refused to load it when I rebooted.

Now, I know that it will work next time I boot my PC (probably) but this is
ridiculous. The latest versions seem less stable than the earlier versions.
Is it me or is this a common problem?

I use (and like) Nero for burning CDs/DVDs or I would give another suite of
software a try.

Bobby

Personally I've found the the lastest versions extremely buggy, causing
reboots, BSOD, lockups and HDD corruption. Simply copying some files
(with explorer) to disk is often enough to cause the system to do any of
the above. Its a pity as when it works it works much better than older
versions (which are less buggy but more awkward to use).

Can anyone recommend a stable packet writing software with support for
DVD-/+R/RW (dont want to hear how PW is unreliable as personally I've
never lost data yet).

Old November 19th 03, 04:00 AM
Rick Pali

"Kip" wrote:

Can anyone recommend a stable packet writing software
with support for DVD-/+R/RW (dont want to hear how
PW is unreliable as personally I've never lost data yet).

I don't want to hear about how Santa isn't real, but that doesn't make it
any less true.

Rick.
-+---

http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/

Old November 19th 03, 05:51 AM
smh

Rick Pali wrote:

"Kip" wrote:

Can anyone recommend a stable packet writing software
with support for DVD-/+R/RW (dont want to hear how
PW is unreliable as personally I've never lost data yet).

I don't want to hear about how Santa isn't real, but that doesn't make it
any less true.

( HOW DO YOU READ KILL-FILED POSTS? )

Imagine then in order for Take Two, supposedly a backup software, to
work *IDEALLY*, it must use packet writing!

=======================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
Subject: A note on Take Two
Date: 9/1/99

For Take Two to work ideally, your drive must support
packet writing and you must have DCD installed...to do it.

You may back up ... to a DCD-formatted erasable.
=======================

--------------------------------------
Old November 19th 03, 03:30 PM
Dave Balcom

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 03:00:18 GMT, "Rick Pali" wrote:

}I don't want to hear about how Santa isn't real, but that doesn't make it
}any less true.

He isn't??? Damn!
Old November 19th 03, 03:39 PM
k_yhz

I'll agree that there have been a couple versions of InCD that just
would not work (ie. v4010) but I have found 4056 and 4072 to work
fine. I should add that it only appears to work if you install it in
the default location - if you try to install it to a different drive
or folder it friggs up and causes multi system reboots.
Old November 20th 03, 06:41 PM
Libor Striz

Kip Wed, 19 Nov 2003 01:49:40 -0000 wrote ...

Personally I've found the the lastest versions extremely buggy, causing
reboots, BSOD, lockups and HDD corruption. Simply copying some files
(with explorer) to disk is often enough to cause the system to do any of
the above. Its a pity as when it works it works much better than older
versions (which are less buggy but more awkward to use).

I am almost feeling bad being so lucky
with InCD 3.39.0 / Nero Express 5.5.9.9
(bundled with my LG GCC 4480B CDRW/DVD combo )
/ Win98SE/Cel600/64MB.

I regularly use InCD with the only CDRW
at home to one-way tranfer of files
to my job, where I have installed
Easywritereader for CDROM being able to read it.

For dropping I use Total Commander, if this matters.

I have not encountered any problem with InCD yet.
( Maybe after I wrote this ....... :-) )

--
"Libor the Wanderer"
As dialup user I am sorry for late response.