Nero Express Problem

Old September 18th 03, 09:29 PM
Elysium Fossa

Default Nero Express Problem

I recently got a new CDRW drive, a LiteON 52X - this came bundled With Nero
Burning Rom/Nero Express 5.5.10.9. Im using Nero Express to archive all my
pictures from a digital camera, these are in dated folders. These would be
"multisession" discs, as files are added periodically

But i've noticed a problem when creating data CD's, i'm only getting maybe
250MB on a disc before it says it's full. This morning I started with a new
disc (Maxell 650MB) I copied 2 folders to it of 6 and 13 MB. But the
software says "Total Space Used": 57.6MB. Its the same with other
capacity/brands of disc, I tried a 700MB Imation CDR and the same still
happens. I never had this problem with my old drive - a Hewlett Packard

I've sent several emails to Nero technical support but had no response, does
anyone have any idea whats going wrong, and what I can do to correct it? Im
getting through a hell of a lot of discs.

Thanks in advance

Steven

Old September 18th 03, 10:03 PM
smh

Elysium Fossa wrote:

[...]

Subject: [7-6] How much data can they hold? 650MB? 680MB?
http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq07.html#S7-6

On a multisession disc, you lose about 23MB of space when the first
session is closed, and about 14MB for each subsequent session. A common
mistake when writing multisession CDs is to overestimate the amount of
space that will be available for future sessions, so be sure to take
this into account.

Warning:
Don't be surprised if the info in the cdr-faq is "quite dated" and has
"significant errors".

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 5/24/02

I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section.

It is quite dated ... and has significant errors
=====================
Old September 19th 03, 09:15 AM
Elysium Fossa

Thanks for your help

Steven

"Bill Lahr" wrote in message
Just a guess, but photos are fairly small and if you are using the
multisession mode, you may be trying to use too many sessions. Each
session eats up around 13MB in addition to your data. Either use some
CDRW blanks for temporary storage (you can use mastering with
multisession), or better yet, store the folders on a partition on your
hard drive and burn them to a CDR when you have enough to fill it.
--
Bill Lahr

Old September 20th 03, 01:38 AM
Tim Kroesen

Usenet Abuse - Continuing Stalking, Harassment, Libel and SPAMMING via
repetitive posting of the same material Thousands of times.

Additional references to portals that have recently banned this
psychotic for Stalking, Harassment and SPAM should you require
additional
information.

From: smh
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Subject: Nero Express Problem

From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 5/24/02

Old September 20th 03, 06:24 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

Got no time to respond to this, Timmy?
Feeling no pain, Timmy?

=======================
From: Mike DHaire
Subject: Easy CD Creator's Timestamp Problem on Windows 2000/XP
Date: 3/29/03

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

I'd assume other issues take precedence;
not much of a bug IMO anyway...

How 'bout I nab your penis and smash it with a hammer, mother****er!
LOL !!! LOL !!! LOL !!!

From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)