ATI videocard for Vista

Old March 7th 08, 10:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
p jayant

Default ATI videocard for Vista

I have been a user of ATI videocards for graphics and video capture
for a long time. But that was under the operating system XP. Now that
Vista has been released, I am wondering if ATI has released any
videocard compatible (for DirectX 10) and tested by Microsoft for the
new operating system. Has ATI released the drivers for capture and a
Multi-media Center along with the driver for the new videocard?

P. Jayant
Old March 7th 08, 02:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Strutter1982[_2_]

"p jayant" wrote in message
I have been a user of ATI videocards for graphics and video capture
for a long time. But that was under the operating system XP. Now that
Vista has been released, I am wondering if ATI has released any
videocard compatible (for DirectX 10) and tested by Microsoft for the
new operating system. Has ATI released the drivers for capture and a
Multi-media Center along with the driver for the new videocard?

P. Jayant

Yes, they make various DX10 cards, try google or the AMD/ATI website, you
will find thousand's of pages of information....

Old March 7th 08, 06:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

"p jayant" wrote in message ...
I have been a user of ATI videocards for graphics and video capture
for a long time. But that was under the operating system XP. Now that
Vista has been released, I am wondering if ATI has released any
videocard compatible (for DirectX 10) and tested by Microsoft for the
new operating system. Has ATI released the drivers for capture and a
Multi-media Center along with the driver for the new videocard?

..
You do not need a DX10 card for Aero Glass effects in Vista. Aero's minimum requirements are a DX9 card with pixel shader 2.0 and 64Mb dedicated video RAM. The DX10 API s is primarily for gaming in new titles like COD4, Bioshock and Crysis to name a few. And currently, the visual differences between DX9.0c and DX10 are very minimal. The performance hit gaming in DX10 (which by necessity means using Vista) is not minimal. ATI and its manufacturing partners have a number of 3000 series DX10 cards with excellent graphics VIVO ability as well as DX10 good gaming power. But it's quite possible the card you are currently using will work just fine . What are you using?

Old March 14th 08, 11:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Inglo

On 3/7/08 5:37 AM Strutter1982 brightened our day with:
"p jayant" wrote in message

I have been a user of ATI videocards for graphics and video capture
for a long time. But that was under the operating system XP. Now that
Vista has been released, I am wondering if ATI has released any
videocard compatible (for DirectX 10) and tested by Microsoft for the
new operating system. Has ATI released the drivers for capture and a
Multi-media Center along with the driver for the new videocard?

P. Jayant

Yes, they make various DX10 cards, try google or the AMD/ATI website, you
will find thousand's of pages of information....

The original post kinda make my head asplode. How does someone
logically decide that it's necessary to go to a Usenet newsgroup in
order to find out if one of the top two display adapter/gpu companies
(ATI now owned by AMD) produces hardware compatible with an operating
system from Microsoft that's been out for over a year? I typed in
ati.com into my browser and two clicks later I see "Experience the power
of HD Gaming with DirectX® 10.1." under the description of one of the
cards they sell. Another couple of clicks and you've got all the info
you could want.
I'm having trouble sleeping and might be just being a bit snarky but the
original post should have been prefaced with, "I'm ignorant, just
crawled out from under a rock and I'm incapable of using the world wide
web, let alone google."

--
"Out here on the perimeter there are no stars"

Steve --Inglo--
Old March 17th 08, 09:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Shawk

"p jayant" wrote in message

[...]

Yup. Snarky. I know this because your description matches half of
usenet...

Old March 22nd 08, 10:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

"p jayant" wrote in message

[...]

One very good reason for posting the question in a Usenet newsgroup
is to get a response from individuals who may already have gone down
this route, rather than rely on the often optomistic claims by
manufacturers about drivers and compatibility.

One very good reason for not posting the question to a Usenet
newsgroup is that there always seems to be at least one intolerent
idiotic individual who wants to make fun at someoene else's expense.

Old March 22nd 08, 05:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GTD

First of One wrote:
Well, the Internet is just a series of tubes invented by Al Gore, nothing
useful.

But it's NOT like a dumptruck. . .

Vista to Vista Wireless Shared Printer problem Mike Roman[_2_] Printers 0 November 8th 07 11:53 PM
Vista Home Premium vs Vista Business n o s p a m p l e a s e Dell Computers 8 September 24th 07 01:54 PM
New videocard Ken Matrox Videocards 6 July 1st 04 10:38 AM
which videocard should I buy ? Thomas Ati Videocards 1 August 16th 03 06:44 PM
New videocard Graphite Ati Videocards 3 July 18th 03 07:38 PM