Help! Need advice on Canon i860 BCI-3e config

Old December 8th 07, 03:42 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Help! Need advice on Canon i860 BCI-3e config

I have a Canon i860 Bubblejet with the Canon Print Manager software/driver
Ver8.03
on an old Win98 machine. Each time I try to print black text, it insists on
printing from
the BCI-6 Black cartridge (small) instead of the BCI-3e Black
(plenty of ink there). I have been through the configuration settings
(gray-scale, text, etc.)
and can't seem to get it to use the BCI-3e. Any advice?

Thanks!

Old December 8th 07, 05:36 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Win 98 and the supporting hardware is to obsolete to bother with.  Microsoft stopped supporting is ions ago.  It is almost like asking a question about a typewriter.

Old December 8th 07, 03:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Taliesyn

measekite wrote:

Win 98 and the supporting hardware is to obsolete to bother with.
Microsoft stopped supporting is ions ago. It is almost like asking a
question about a typewriter.

I doubt that very much. "Ions" are atoms that have acquired a net
electrical charge. An "eon" is a geological unit of time. Microsoft has
never created software down to the atomic level. If you want to be
believed in anything you say you better get your words right.

-Taliesyn

Old December 8th 07, 05:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Thanks for the help (for those that have something constructive)
My first observation was the rapid decrease in BCI-6 ink when I use the printer
primarily to print black text (95% of time).
Also, I replaced all the cartridges at the same time (3 months ago), and the
BCI-6 Black is near empty while the BCI-3e is full.
I tried the water test, and the ink does feather, which would indicate
the BCI-6 is being used.

Measekite, I appreciate your comments on my operating system, however:
1. I was interested in troubleshooting a printer problem, which is why
I posted a request in the PRINTERS group.
2. My Windows 98 OS has not ceased to function, so I intend to continue using
it. It does what I need, thus it does not require fixing. Last time I checked,
Canon states that the printer is compatible with Win98.

In article , Taliesyn says...

Old December 8th 07, 08:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DanG

wrote in message ...
I have a Canon i860 Bubblejet with the Canon Print Manager software/driver
Ver8.03
on an old Win98 machine. Each time I try to print black text, it insists
on
printing from
the BCI-6 Black cartridge (small) instead of the BCI-3e Black
(plenty of ink there). I have been through the configuration settings
(gray-scale, text, etc.)
and can't seem to get it to use the BCI-3e. Any advice?

Thanks!

The Canon will use photo black when you use duplex mode, or if you select
anything other than plain paper.

Old December 9th 07, 01:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Taliesyn wrote:
measekite wrote:

Win 98 and the supporting hardware is to obsolete to bother with.
Microsoft stopped supporting is ions ago. It is almost like asking a
question about a typewriter.

I doubt that very much. "Ions" are atoms that have acquired a net
electrical charge. An "eon" is a geological unit of time. Microsoft has
never created software down to the atomic level. If you want to be
believed in anything you say you better get your words right.

-Taliesyn

When did you get into the 7th grade.