Way to restore the "Grip' on HP1220c grip (paper advance) wheels???

Old February 6th 06, 07:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Way to restore the "Grip' on HP1220c grip (paper advance) wheels???

Have an HP 1220 c that is a good and faithful printer for my need. It
will only pass the thinist of photo papers now. Have tried sanding
the rubber gripper/paper advance wheels with only very temporary
success. Any suggestions on a better fix would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance for any help.

Bill Holohan

Old February 6th 06, 10:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Hi William, I found that cleaning the rubber wheels with methylated
spirits restored the "tackiness" to them very well. Although they do
wear and may not be able to get sufficient purchase on the paper any
more, in which case you will need to replace them.

James Sodor
www.whatcartridge.com

Old February 7th 06, 02:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

James Sodor "whatcartridge.com" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi William, I found that cleaning the rubber wheels with methylated
spirits restored the "tackiness" to them very well. Although they do
wear and may not be able to get sufficient purchase on the paper any
more, in which case you will need to replace them.

Americans should read fuel alcohol or "methyl
hydrate" for methylated spirits.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old February 7th 06, 03:45 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

William Holohan wrote:
Have an HP 1220 c that is a good and faithful printer for my need. It
will only pass the thinist of photo papers now. Have tried sanding
the rubber gripper/paper advance wheels with only very temporary
success. Any suggestions on a better fix would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance for any help.

Bill Holohan

Try Caig rubber cleaner Caikleen Rbr, Rbr100l-25c Rubber Cleaner

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282
Old February 13th 06, 08:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

In article , William Holohan
wrote:

Have an HP 1220 c that is a good and faithful printer for my need. It
will only pass the thinist of photo papers now. Have tried sanding
the rubber gripper/paper advance wheels with only very temporary
success. Any suggestions on a better fix would be appreciated.

Bill-

There is a product for use on automobile tires and plastic dashboards,
called Armor All (http://www.armorall.com/). Used on your printer
rollers, I understand it replaces the plasticizer chemical that has been
absorbed by printer paper, so they will again grab the paper.

Fred
Old February 14th 06, 12:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Fred McKenzie wrote:

In article , William Holohan
wrote:

Have an HP 1220 c that is a good and faithful printer for my need. It
will only pass the thinist of photo papers now. Have tried sanding
the rubber gripper/paper advance wheels with only very temporary
success. Any suggestions on a better fix would be appreciated.

Bill-

There is a product for use on automobile tires and plastic dashboards,
called Armor All (http://www.armorall.com/). Used on your printer
rollers, I understand it replaces the plasticizer chemical that has been
absorbed by printer paper, so they will again grab the paper.

Fred

IF the OP tries it (available in most auto parts stores) please post back
results.

Old February 14th 06, 04:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

I have only used Armorall once on my car (got a sample). It made the
tire sidewalls look nice, but it seemed greasy and I somehow doubt it
adds "grab" to plastics or synthetic rubber materials, in fact, I
somewhat suspect it makes things slicker.

Although possibly unrelated, my wife bought a low mileage car a couple
of years back from a used car dealer (it was a 1986 model) which had
been "detailed" before sale. The interior (vinyl and cloth seats)
looked great. However, literally within weeks after buying it, and with
gentle use (no kids, no dogs, etc) the vinyl completely fell apart at
all the stress points. Whatever they used to make the seats look new and
clean obviously caused the plastic to so weaken that it nearly
completely disintegrated. The seats "aged" in 2 months more than they
did in the nearly 20 years before. I'm guessing that something similar
to Armorall was used, although I have no proof.

Art

lid wrote:

Old February 14th 06, 04:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Arthur Entlich wrote:

[...]

GO WRITE A MANUAL ON CAR SEATS

lid wrote:

Fred McKenzie wrote:

In article , William
Holohan

Old February 15th 06, 12:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

William Holohan wrote:
Have an HP 1220 c that is a good and faithful printer for my need. It
will only pass the thinist of photo papers now. Have tried sanding
the rubber gripper/paper advance wheels with only very temporary
success. Any suggestions on a better fix would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance for any help.

Bill Holohan

Take a look at www.fixyourownprinter.com . They sell stuff for
reconditioning/replacing bits.

paper feed damage to Canon i865 susie faulkner Printers 7 November 5th 04 01:39 PM
Deskjet 820cxi: paper feed / loading is out of whack, how do I restore it? Jerome Werner Printers 0 June 19th 04 11:07 PM
paper advance - head catching paper corner Tsotsi Printers 0 June 19th 04 05:56 PM
Epson 1280 - HELP Trevor Printers 9 February 29th 04 08:19 AM
HP 2100 paper curls Lee Babcock Printers 3 July 14th 03 03:01 PM