MX400 refuses TV-out

Old July 17th 05, 07:34 PM
David

Default MX400 refuses TV-out

Hi!
I have a nVidia Geforce 2 MX400 card with tv-out (2 connectors: composite
and s-video) and I'm desperately trying to connect it to my PAL TV (an
ordinary Philips, a few years old) via the composite connector. The problem
is that even though the cables are connected, the TV just isn't detected (I
just downloaded the latest driver, tried this on WinXP as well as WinME) so
there is no TwinView-tab in the settings at all. I've tried the "force TV
detection" checkbox, still no result.
I got the advice to download nVidia Detonator and installed that instead.
After doing that, I can access a TwinView tab and select clone mode, but
when I press OK the computer just hangs! The same thing happends when I try
to use TVTool and select "switch to TV". Is it the driver that hangs if I
try to force the tv-out when it doesn't detect any TV?
I read somewhere that a TV cable gives a 75 Ohm load when connected, can I
force detection by adding a small resistor? This is driving me mad, I don't
know what to do at all. I'm very grateful for any ideas. Is there anyone out
there who has experienced anything like this?

/ David

Oh, by the way: When I connect my friend's laptop with a Matrox graphics
card to the TV in the exact same way it produces a perfect picture, so it
isn't anything wrong with the cables... Or is nVidia cards extra picky with
what kind of cables I connect to it?

Old July 18th 05, 07:27 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

You need to have yer TV turned on before the PC's switched on in order for
it to detect the TV out.