Separate override refresh settings on 50 series for dualview?

Old February 20th 04, 05:45 PM
BelaLvgosi

Default Separate override refresh settings on 50 series for dualview?

I'm using a gf4 with 2 monitors, a 17" and the other an old 15". Under the
40 series when using advanced settings, each monitor had separate settings
for d3d, opengl and so on, not that it mattered since dualview, not spam
mode, doesn't support 3d acceleration on both, but on refresh rate controls
40 series state it's for d3d (even tought it worked also in opengl) and only
affect while using fullscreen applications, for regular 2d desktops windows
settings prevailed. By this way I could set different refresh rates on each
monitor on both advanced settings and windows, since one is running 1024
85hz and the other 800 72hz and 3d overriden settings wouldn't interfere
with secondary display. But then comes 53.03's, on these the advanced
settings on each monitor sends me to the same menu with common settings now,
that's fine since it's less messy, but the new override refresh page is for
everything from windows desktop to opengl or d3d and both monitors. As I'm
using a limited secondary monitor, if I set 1024 85hz on this page, the
regular 85hz desktop on primary monitor will be overriden (fine, that was my
purpose, even tough this could still be only for 3d as before), but the
secondary will be overriden too realtime on "apply" as there is no separate
control! As there is no 85hz 1024 for my secondary 15" (and it wouldn't work
that way either) I'm reverted to a funny 640 60hz 4bit clone mode and
windows says there was a problem with drivers (says they are for other OS as
an excuse). Any similar experiences/workarounds without extra software?
Guess I'll keep on 45.23's.