AMD Sempron ships

Old July 31st 04, 02:51 AM
Lee Waun

"JK" wrote in message
It is not a matter of bashing, it is a matter of explaining to people
that they should research the alternatives first, then decide if an
Intel processor is a good choice. In most instances, an AMD
processor will provide better performance at each price point.

No if we want to learn about AMD we can go research it. We don't need you
AMD lovers cramming it down our throats. If I want a space heater for I
computer I would have bought a AMD years ago. Now Intel has the prescotts
which are even better space heaters than the AMD's so once again Intel is
superior.

True I just want a computer so I will stick to my Northwood.

Old July 31st 04, 03:17 AM
daytripper

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:51:22 GMT, "Lee Waun" wrote:

"JK" wrote in message
It is not a matter of bashing, it is a matter of explaining to people
that they should research the alternatives first, then decide if an
Intel processor is a good choice. In most instances, an AMD
processor will provide better performance at each price point.

No if we want to learn about AMD we can go research it. We don't need you
AMD lovers cramming it down our throats.

[flushed]

"We"?

Go play in traffic...
Old July 31st 04, 08:55 AM
The little lost angel

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:49:45 GMT, "Felger Carbon"
wrote:
If you seriously want to challenge someone's intellectual dexterity, I
suggest sweetly inquiring if they rode the short bus to school. ;-)

But tha only works in perhaps only one culture/context no? At least
Bugs have got a bigger coverage :PppP

If you need basic to med complexity webpages at affordable rates, email me
Old July 31st 04, 09:56 AM
George Macdonald

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:00:34 -0600, "Judd" wrote:

The Intel haters and AMD lovers should post to that group rather than
flooding comp.sys.intel with propoganda. It's to the point now where you
can't talk nor get any information on Intel processors and architecture
without the constant bashing. There should be a
comp.religious.processor.wars or something more suitable for that stuff.

I'm sure you can find an "Intel site", where you can conduct iSeances in
peace, if that's what you have in mind. As already pointed out to you,
this is Usenet, the comp.sys... hierarchy specifically. If Outlook
doesn't have an "ignore thread" feature, you could also consider using a
real newsreader.

Rgds, George Macdonald

Old July 31st 04, 06:44 PM
Keith

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:51:22 +0000, Lee Waun wrote:

"JK" wrote in message
It is not a matter of bashing, it is a matter of explaining to people
that they should research the alternatives first, then decide if an
Intel processor is a good choice. In most instances, an AMD
processor will provide better performance at each price point.

No if we want to learn about AMD we can go research it. We don't need you
AMD lovers cramming it down our throats. If I want a space heater for I
computer I would have bought a AMD years ago. Now Intel has the prescotts
which are even better space heaters than the AMD's so once again Intel is
superior.

Ok, you're saying, "I'm stupid and wish to remain so"? Or more like, "my
mind is made up; don't confuse me with the facts"?

True I just want a computer so I will stick to my Northwood.

You didn't research before you bought and now don't want to be told that
you made a mistake? Burry your head deeper. The world will ignore you.

--
Keith
Old July 31st 04, 06:46 PM
Keith

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:00:34 -0600, Judd wrote:

The Intel haters and AMD lovers should post to that group rather than
flooding comp.sys.intel with propoganda.

Fact propaganda. Propaganda is what you are left with when you
refuse to listen.

It's to the point now where you
can't talk nor get any information on Intel processors and architecture
without the constant bashing. There should be a
comp.religious.processor.wars or something more suitable for that stuff.

If you're that thin-skinned perhas the Usenet isn't for you? Or does it
depress you that much to know that you are what you claim others to be?

Maroon! ;-)

--
Keith
Old July 31st 04, 08:33 PM
Johannes H Andersen

Keith wrote:

[...]

True I just want a computer so I will stick to my Northwood.

You didn't research before you bought and now don't want to be told that
you made a mistake? Burry your head deeper. The world will ignore you.

Not a mistake. The Northwood was quite a good choice everything considered.
The performance issue is not as clear cut as you seem to suggest, you can
probably find favourable benchmarks in both directions, depending on which
team you belong. I have also built using Northwoord, but belong to neither
team. Once the computer was completed, the processor type was not foremost
in my mind.
Old July 31st 04, 11:25 PM
Yousuf Khan

Felger Carbon wrote:
If you seriously want to challenge someone's intellectual dexterity, I
suggest sweetly inquiring if they rode the short bus to school. ;-)

In Canada, all that means is did you ever go to kindergarten? The short
buses were for the littlest kids that went for only half a day.

Yousuf Khan

Old July 31st 04, 11:54 PM

wrote:

The Intel haters and AMD lovers should post to that group rather than
flooding comp.sys.intel with propoganda. It's to the point now where you
can't talk nor get any information on Intel processors and architecture
without the constant bashing. There should be a
comp.religious.processor.wars or something more suitable for that stuff.

Ever heard of the 1st Amendment? If you don't like it, you are free
to go someplace like Cuba. Over there, neither INTC nor AMD is
superior, that definition is reserved for Fidel exclusively. Oh, by
the way, you'd be lucky to have just any CPU and 9.6k dialup over
there...

Old August 1st 04, 03:20 AM
Keith

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:33:37 +0000, Johannes H Andersen wrote:

Keith wrote:

[...]

True I just want a computer so I will stick to my Northwood.

You didn't research before you bought and now don't want to be told that
you made a mistake? Burry your head deeper. The world will ignore you.

Not a mistake. The Northwood was quite a good choice everything considered.
The performance issue is not as clear cut as you seem to suggest, you can
probably find favourable benchmarks in both directions, depending on which
team you belong.

You haven't been around here long, have you? Good grief! (as another
cartoon character, to be named later, once said)

I have also built using Northwoord, but belong to neither team.

Now there is a laugh! ...and on many levels! ;-))

Once the computer was completed, the processor type was not foremost
in my mind.

Well, duh! You're saying that once you made your decisions youu
didn't look back? At least you make *some* sense.

--
Keith

Why 2200+ & 2800+ in both model 8 & model 10 Sempron? Michael Brown Overclocking AMD Processors 3 September 27th 04 07:07 AM
Why 2200+ & 2800+ in both model 8 & model 10 Sempron? [email protected] General 3 September 27th 04 05:40 AM
Why 2200+ & 2800+ in both model 8 & model 10 Sempron? Michael Brown Homebuilt PC's 2 September 27th 04 05:40 AM
AMD SEMPRON CPU patrick Homebuilt PC's 0 July 29th 04 12:59 PM
AMD Sempron - New processor johny Overclocking AMD Processors 6 June 12th 04 05:02 PM