no beep no boot

Old September 4th 03, 12:28 PM
Arthur Hagen

Default no beep no boot

"Pieter" wrote in message
When I try to boot up my computer, the screen just goes blank and I don't
hear any beep. The Led's are on and the fans are turning though. Could it

be
that my motherboard is dead? Or is there any chance I could save it?

Do you have an LED on the motherboard itself (often located near or in
between the PCI slots)? If so, does it blink or change colour when you try
to power on the system?

Other than that, try disconnecting everything INCLUDING the CPU and
memory -- only leave the power connectors and power switch. Try starting it
and see if the result is identical, down to number of LED blinks. If so,
try with a different power supply. If still the same, the motherboard is
most likely fried.
If you got ANY different result -- a single blink, or beep, it's time to
troubleshoot. Add one item at the time followed by a restart, starting with
the CPU, then a single slot of RAM, and proceed until you get the exact
condition that you described above. The last component you added, or the
motherboard controller for that component is most likely the problem.

Regards,
--
*Art

Old September 4th 03, 05:28 PM
Lee

try resetting your CMOS with the jumper.

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:21:29 GMT, "Pieter" put
his keys in ignition and wrote:

||When I try to boot up my computer, the screen just goes blank and I don't
||hear any beep. The Led's are on and the fans are turning though. Could it be
||that my motherboard is dead? Or is there any chance I could save it?
||Greets
||Pieter

---
Lee.
http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?Starbo
Old September 4th 03, 06:16 PM
anthonyi

Check that your HSF is oriented correctly on the CPU socket and is making
good contact. Especially check that it is flat down over the CPU and not
caught on the socket cam cover.

Did you use a fresh application of thermal grease or a new thermal pad?

Is the CPU fan connected and spinning?

"Pieter" wrote in message
"Arthur Hagen" schreef in bericht

"Pieter" wrote in message
[...]

I think I found the problem:
My CPU's temperature is rising to 70°C, which causes my system to hang, to
reboot, or to not boot at all.
My XP 2400+ processor is only running at 1800 Mhz, so how could this have
happened ? And how do I get that temperature down?
Greets,
Pieter

Can't boot from CD Zotin Khuma General 6 November 16th 04 10:18 PM
Boot problem with Promise SATA Fasttrack S150TX2 Plus Wizard General 0 September 13th 04 06:54 PM
Hard drive will not boot Dave General 1 March 9th 04 06:16 PM
Maxtor HD internal beep code!?! Alceryes General 0 November 20th 03 02:17 PM
Hard drive that boots elsewhere refuses to boot in this machine Simon O'Connor General 9 July 22nd 03 06:34 AM