Ebuyer

Old December 8th 03, 09:05 PM
Graeme Cole

Default Ebuyer

Despite all the warnings on here, I was after a cheap printer and ordered a
HP deskjet from them.

1 - I paid extra for delivery by 3rd Dec but it was delivered on 4th.
2 - The printer they sent me has a foreign mains adaptor which will not fit
in a UK socket (unless I am going mad!).

So, I accept mistakes will happen and follow their procedures and raised an
e-note. As at today, it is still showing as "Awaiting processing", how long
does it take before they read an e-note??

Also, will they be sensible here and send me a UK adaptor or are they going
to ask me to return the printer???

Thanks

Grebo

Old December 8th 03, 10:16 PM
Colin Wilson

So, I accept mistakes will happen and follow their procedures and raised an
e-note. As at today, it is still showing as "Awaiting processing", how long
does it take before they read an e-note??

I had one answered in about 24 hours a couple of months ago

Also, will they be sensible here and send me a UK adaptor or are they going
to ask me to return the printer???

IANAL

If they want to get arsey, tell them you are going to refer the matter to
trading standards as they are selling electrical goods that do not
conform to UK law.

Old December 8th 03, 11:01 PM
Ant C

"Graeme Cole" wrote in message
Despite all the warnings on here, I was after a cheap printer and ordered

HP deskjet from them.

1 - I paid extra for delivery by 3rd Dec but it was delivered on 4th.
2 - The printer they sent me has a foreign mains adaptor which will not

fit
in a UK socket (unless I am going mad!).

So, I accept mistakes will happen and follow their procedures and raised

an
e-note. As at today, it is still showing as "Awaiting processing", how

long
does it take before they read an e-note??

Also, will they be sensible here and send me a UK adaptor or are they

going
to ask me to return the printer???

Thanks

Grebo

Happens alot now with all the eu boxed stuff. A toshiba dvd player i got
from amazon was the same.

ebuyer will no doubt send you a power cable out although you might find it
quicker just to get hold
of one from somewhere for the time being.

your enote might take up to 5 working days to be answered.

Old December 9th 03, 02:22 AM
Max Longman

"Graeme Cole" wrote in message
Despite all the warnings on here, I was after a cheap printer and ordered a
HP deskjet from them.

1 - I paid extra for delivery by 3rd Dec but it was delivered on 4th.
2 - The printer they sent me has a foreign mains adaptor which will not fit
in a UK socket (unless I am going mad!).

So, I accept mistakes will happen and follow their procedures and raised an
e-note. As at today, it is still showing as "Awaiting processing", how long
does it take before they read an e-note??

Also, will they be sensible here and send me a UK adaptor or are they going
to ask me to return the printer???

You should have got a RMA and returned the printer and re-ordered another kind.
You can wait weeks for something that requires human interaction at Ebuyer.

Old December 9th 03, 02:49 PM
George

"Graeme Cole" wrote in message
Despite all the warnings on here, I was after a cheap printer and ordered

HP deskjet from them.

1 - I paid extra for delivery by 3rd Dec but it was delivered on 4th.
2 - The printer they sent me has a foreign mains adaptor which will not

fit
in a UK socket (unless I am going mad!).

Also, will they be sensible here and send me a UK adaptor or are they

going
to ask me to return the printer???

Friends ordered a new motherboard and it didn't come with a back plate.
They emailed ebuyer who apologised and sent one out so hopefully they will
do the same regarding your power lead.

Old December 9th 03, 05:31 PM
Tony Sutton

"Graeme Cole" wrote in message
1 - I paid extra for delivery by 3rd Dec but it was delivered on 4th.
2 - The printer they sent me has a foreign mains adaptor which will not

fit
in a UK socket (unless I am going mad!).

Nothing to do with ebuyer, I have seen it happening from Dabs, Amazon, etc,
mostly from HP!

So it's HP who messed up.

Save time, get one from your spares or buy one... it's cheap!

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Old December 9th 03, 05:31 PM

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:27:32 +0000, Malev wrote:

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:05:44 -0000, "Graeme Cole"
wrote:

Also, will they be sensible here and send me a UK adaptor or are they going
to ask me to return the printer???

Haven't you got a kettle's cable ? Or the cable from a previous printer?
Or, snip the plug and fit a UK one (50 pence)

I wish someone would send me equipment with the wrong mains leads. I
have boxes of the bleeding things. My experience is that stuff often
turns up with two leads, the euro kind and a UK one.

Maybe I should go into the mail order business flogging off old main
leads and USB cables.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale
Old December 10th 03, 05:26 PM

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:12:58 -0000, chris wrote:

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:49:00 -0000 and in article br4ncf$28c4mn$1@ID-
176063.news.uni-berlin.de, George said...
: They emailed ebuyer who apologised and sent one out so hopefully they will
: do the same regarding your power lead.
:
ebuyer refunded my delivery due to city link (notts) ****ing up - again!

Nothing to do with mains leads, but it looked like CityLink had
screwed a delivery from ebuyer to me today.

I received an email message from ebuyer saying that CityLink had tried
to deliver and had left a card in the door. B*ll*cks. At the time
stated I was sitting eating my porridge, reading the papers and
looking out the window at the only access to the house -- a private
lane with only one way in and out. Nor was there any card.

Ring CityLink depot. Deafened by background noise, but eventually
managed to hear the person tell me that it didn't mean what the web
site said, but that this was the only way they could show that it had
been removed from one delivery van to another.

Turned up about an hour later.

So do not be fooled by the wonders of parcel tracking. It lies.

Old December 11th 03, 12:36 AM
Tony Sutton

"chris" wrote in message
:
Why do so many companies use City Link..?? Are they really that much
cheaper than their competitors?

Yes.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
Keyboard (n): device for entering errors into a computer

Old December 12th 03, 06:03 PM
Paul Hopwood

chris wrote:

176063.news.uni-berlin.de, George said...
: They emailed ebuyer who apologised and sent one out so hopefully they will
: do the same regarding your power lead.

ebuyer refunded my delivery due to city link (notts) ****ing up - again!

Same depot services Derby. At least I know some other poor bugger in
here is getting the same sh*te "service" I get.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW: