Could this be a virus?

Old September 16th 04, 01:30 AM
Bob Newman

Default Could this be a virus?

I have a Compaq laptop and about every 10 minutes or so the NUM LOCK button
turns itself on and I have to manually shut it off. Also, I have an
external keyboard hooked-up to the laptop and the NUM LOCK key on it does
the same thing. I it does it periodically even if no keys were touched. I
am sure I'm not causing it to happen unintentionally.

--
Thanks in advance... Bob

Old September 16th 04, 12:53 PM
HH

Dunno about a virus, but there could be a short in the keyboard controller
circuit on the motherboard.
HH

Old September 17th 04, 11:53 AM
HH

Well, it's under warranty then.
HH

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
I have a Compaq laptop and about every 10 minutes or so the NUM LOCK

button
turns itself on and I have to manually shut it off. Also, I have an
external keyboard hooked-up to the laptop and the NUM LOCK key on it

does
the same thing. I it does it periodically even if no keys were

touched.
am sure I'm not causing it to happen unintentionally.

--
Thanks in advance... Bob

Virus email? Richard Dower Homebuilt PC's 5 November 13th 04 04:49 PM
Virus checker in Nero 6 Bun Mui Cdr 10 May 19th 04 01:02 PM
DVD-Rom firmware virus infected ? SLO Homebuilt PC's 0 January 3rd 04 01:47 AM
Mailwasher and virus warning! GMAN Asus Motherboards 2 July 10th 03 08:14 AM