Fan on P650 PCIe

Old October 14th 06, 09:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
AS

Default Fan on P650 PCIe

For now I am using a P650 and I am very happy with it. Mainly Pgotoshop, and
digiphoto in general. Considering an upgrade to a mobo with a PCIe slot and,
certainly, without AGP. So here's the question: How loud is the fan in the
PCIe version of the card? As a possible alternative can be APVe. How about
it?

Old January 10th 07, 08:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
AS

John Smith wrote:
Did you ever get an answer on the fan?

:-))

Not yet.

I didn't like the idea of testing myself. Actually, I did some
investigation meanwhile. After searching, reading and coin flipping I
have decided to go the ASUS Radeon x1300 Silent Edition (ie., fanless)
route. I am not a gamer and have liked the Matrox quality, but somehow
it happened, partly because of the fan. My new GPU gets somewhat hotter
than I am used to, but so far no problems for more than a month.