NetApp SAN storage..

Old August 20th 06, 07:41 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Roger Hinson

Default NetApp SAN storage..

Hey all,

We're a new customer with NetApp and started by using their SAN
solutions. Has anyone used their SAN storage on Windows, either standalone
or clustered? We've had some problems, mainly with SnapDrive, and I was
wondering what experiences others were having.

Roger

Old August 21st 06, 07:46 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Faeandar

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:41:57 -0700, "Roger Hinson"
wrote:

Hey all,

We're a new customer with NetApp and started by using their SAN
solutions. Has anyone used their SAN storage on Windows, either standalone
or clustered? We've had some problems, mainly with SnapDrive, and I was
wondering what experiences others were having.

Roger

We've been using it with iSCSI for about 2 years now. Not super
speedy but it's been solid. Of course, if we optimized more it might
be substantially faster but it's performing as needed right now.

What type of problems are you having with SnapDrive? We've been using
it the entire time since that's really the only way to get a coherent
snapshot.

~F
Old August 24th 06, 05:19 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Roger Hinson

wrote:

Hey all,

We're a new customer with NetApp and started by using their SAN
solutions. Has anyone used their SAN storage on Windows, either
standalone
or clustered? We've had some problems, mainly with SnapDrive, and I was
wondering what experiences others were having.

Roger

We've been using it with iSCSI for about 2 years now. Not super
speedy but it's been solid. Of course, if we optimized more it might
be substantially faster but it's performing as needed right now.

What type of problems are you having with SnapDrive? We've been using
it the entire time since that's really the only way to get a coherent
snapshot.

~F

We've been having problems mainly with Windows Clusters and upgrades of
the software. Just tonight we had a server failover and we're getting soem
snapdrive errors. Unfortunately we haven't done enough testing with it to
see what "normal" is..

Roger

Old August 24th 06, 06:48 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Faeandar

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:19:37 -0700, "Roger Hinson"
wrote:

We've been using it with iSCSI for about 2 years now. Not super
speedy but it's been solid. Of course, if we optimized more it might
be substantially faster but it's performing as needed right now.

What type of problems are you having with SnapDrive? We've been using
it the entire time since that's really the only way to get a coherent
snapshot.

~F

We've been having problems mainly with Windows Clusters and upgrades of
the software. Just tonight we had a server failover and we're getting soem
snapdrive errors. Unfortunately we haven't done enough testing with it to
see what "normal" is..

I can't say we've had issues during MS Cluster failovers or upgrades.
We had some issues getting it to work initially but that was just a
case of not being familiar with it yet. Since implementation every
issue has been admin error.

Sorry I'm not more help but truly we're still not experts with it.
Primarily because we haven't had to do anything with it other than
install and configure. After that it just runs.

~F