Quantum Fireball lct 30 gig problem

Old April 17th 04, 01:58 PM
Pak Wan

Default Quantum Fireball lct 30 gig problem

I have 2 Quantum fireball lct 30 gig hard drives (same problem on
both) that only be detected by the motherboard bios as 9 MB (yes, MB,
not GB). Windows 98 can see them as 9 MB in FDISK. I have tried many
motherboards (old and recent) with different kind of bios (Award,
phoenix, etc) and they all automatic detect the hard drive, but the
size is only 9 MB. I have also try Quantum DM (Disk Manager) software,
it also detects the drive as 9 MB. It allows me to manual change the
drive parameters, but will only increase the drive to 8.4 Gig. I also
did Virus Scan to make sure there is no virus in the boot sector of
the drive to cause the problem.

Any other idea?

Old April 18th 04, 02:01 PM
Ron Cook