Manual Duplex printing with Canon ip4200

Old July 27th 07, 04:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

Default Manual Duplex printing with Canon ip4200

Hi
I read the earlier thread about manually duplexing on the canon ip to
provide better print outs
Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
I can do it with Word, but not with Excel, Publisher and downloaded
instruction manuals or web pages.
The option isn't available on my printer preferences
--
Martin
©¿©¬
Old July 27th 07, 08:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

There is no such thing as manual duplexing on any printer. For those
who choose to not use the duplex feature on printers that have them they
can just turn the paper over and print on the other side. Now if one is
printing web pages that are over a printed page long you need to use the
duplex facility to print on both sides of the paper unless you trick the
printer.

Old July 27th 07, 09:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank

measekite wrote:
There is no such thing as manual duplexing on any printer.

You're proly gonna go into some kind of mental shock or have a heart
attack when you hear this so you might want to sit down and have 911 on
speed dial ready, ok.

Most all software applications that have a print function also have a
"manual duplex" function that can be selected.

I know, I know, you're proly gasping for breath (not my fault) right now
but that's really true.
Amazing, huh?
You may now want to hit that speed dial button with 911 on it if you're
not feeling well.
Frank
Old July 28th 07, 05:19 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Niels Erik

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net skrev i en meddelelse
Hi
I read the earlier thread about manually duplexing on the canon ip to
provide better print outs
Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
I can do it with Word, but not with Excel, Publisher and downloaded
instruction manuals or web pages.
The option isn't available on my printer preferences
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Are you sure ?
I have a pixma ip5200R and I think the printerdriver is similar to yours.
Just below the checkbox where you choose duplex there is another checkbox
named "automatic".
If you decheck this the printer will print every second page and when
finished a picture pops up showing you how to turn and reinsert the paper to
print on the other side.
I suppose you could call this "manual duplex"

regards
Niels

Old July 28th 07, 11:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jerry

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote in message
Hi
I read the earlier thread about manually duplexing on the canon ip to
provide better print outs
Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
I can do it with Word, but not with Excel, Publisher and downloaded
instruction manuals or web pages.
The option isn't available on my printer preferences
--
Martin
©¿©¬

I find it hard to believe that. My Canon S520 has a manual duplex feature
in it's printer preferences.

Old July 28th 07, 11:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank

Jerry wrote:

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote in message

Hi
I read the earlier thread about manually duplexing on the canon ip to
provide better print outs
Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
I can do it with Word, but not with Excel, Publisher and downloaded
instruction manuals or web pages.
The option isn't available on my printer preferences
--
Martin
©¿©¬

I find it hard to believe that. My Canon S520 has a manual duplex feature
in it's printer preferences.

That information, while easily understood even by 5 yr olds is far
beyond the very limited mental capacity of our resident troll,
measher****head.
And no one really cares.
Frank
Old July 29th 07, 04:45 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:19:21 +0200, "Niels Erik"
wrote:

Are you sure ?
I have a pixma ip5200R and I think the printerdriver is similar to yours.
Just below the checkbox where you choose duplex there is another checkbox
named "automatic".
If you decheck this the printer will print every second page and when
finished a picture pops up showing you how to turn and reinsert the paper to
print on the other side.
I suppose you could call this "manual duplex"

regards

Thank you Niels
I was unaware of the function of unchecking the 'automatic' checkbox
However, no picture pops up showing how to turn and reinsert the paper
to print on the other side, but I can work that out fine
My main problem is that once the printer has finished printing the
first side/s and I turn the pages over, the printer just sits doing
nothing as if waiting for instruction, but I cant work out what to do
Can u offer any help please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬
Old July 29th 07, 05:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Niels Erik

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net skrev i en meddelelse
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:19:21 +0200, "Niels Erik"
wrote:

snip

My main problem is that once the printer has finished printing the
first side/s and I turn the pages over, the printer just sits doing
nothing as if waiting for instruction, but I cant work out what to do
Can u offer any help please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Hello Martin
That is because you have to press the "OK" button on the picture/screen that
normally pops up to continue printing
My best guess is to reinstall the printerdriver or even better to download
the newest printerdriver and install that.
regards
Niels

Old July 30th 07, 09:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
thoss

At 18:53:32 on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 Niels Erik opined:-

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net skrev i en meddelelse
.. .
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:19:21 +0200, "Niels Erik"
wrote:

snip

My main problem is that once the printer has finished printing the
first side/s and I turn the pages over, the printer just sits doing
nothing as if waiting for instruction, but I cant work out what to do
Can u offer any help please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Hello Martin
That is because you have to press the "OK" button on the picture/screen that
normally pops up to continue printing
My best guess is to reinstall the printerdriver or even better to download
the newest printerdriver and install that.
regards
Niels

Or might you have to press the Resume button on the printer?
--
Thoss
Old July 30th 07, 12:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 18:53:32 +0200, "Niels Erik"
wrote:

Hello Martin
That is because you have to press the "OK" button on the picture/screen that
normally pops up to continue printing
My best guess is to reinstall the printerdriver or even better to download
the newest printerdriver and install that.
regards

Hi Niels
I reinstalled the printer driver and it is behaving properly now
hip-hip
That's another tick in the something new I've learnt today box
Thank you
--
Regards
Martin