Setting CPU Speed (Asus A7V133)

Old June 14th 04, 11:54 AM
Necromancer

Default Setting CPU Speed (Asus A7V133)

"That Other Guy" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:59:39 -0500, "J. Codling"
jcodling~AT~jcodling~DOT~com wrote:

Auto bus multipliers are a pain and can stop the computer
from attaining anything good for overclocking which, of
course, you are not doing so the point is mute. D
~
I read your other post and it seems strange to run at 133
with a 9.5 multiplier. Are the original posted settings the
default settings?

If you mean these:

Current CPU Speed 1000MHz
Operating Frequency Setting 1000MHz
CPU Clok Multiplier 10.0x
FSB Frequency 100MHz
DRAM Frequency 133MHz

They are the default settings with that chip, all except for the
memory which also defaults at 100MHz.

If I try to set the BIOS to a faster CPU speed the next (and only
other) step is 1333 or thereabouts, which also changes the FSB and
memory to 133, I guess because they are in sync. That was the setting
at which it is unstable. The only way to get an intermediate setting
is to change the multiplyer, in which case the next step down from 10
is 9.5, giving me a CPU speed of 1266MHz. It runs stable at that
speed, and, as I said before, I will leave it that way. This is just
a secondary computer that I am playing around with and right now I am
too busy to spend more time with it, especially since I won't gain
much.

U keep saying that ur memory is at 133MHz and your FSB is 100MHz.
With your FSB at 100MHz is the setting 100+33MHz enabled for your memory?
If so it will not work when u try to set your FSB to 133. 133+33 will stop
the memory from working.
Just thought i would post and ask

LN

Old June 17th 04, 08:49 AM
Erez Volach

"Necromancer" wrote in message

[...]

IMHO in KT133(a) the memory setting for 100/133 memory is independant of FSB
setting. It will not create a memory clock speed of 166 MHz.
The term FSB+33 (or FSB-33)was derived from ApolloPro 133 chicsets, IIRC,
for combinations such as FSB 66 memory 100, fsb 100 memory 66 / 133 and/or
fsb 133 memory 100