Multiple camera freeware and other camera issures ...

Old September 19th 05, 04:55 PM
StarLost

Default Multiple camera freeware and other camera issures ...

I am experimenting with a multiple camera installation. Currently I
have access to four cameras:

Logitech 4000 Pro
Labtech
Celestron NexImage
Fuji 2800 Zoom

I am looking for a software package where I can monitor all four
cameras. I have tried webcamXP but it is very heavy on system
resources. Also, if I wish to go from webcamXP to My Easy Cam or even
to QuickCam software, I am forced to do a cold boot.

Additionally, I am unable to use both the Logitech and Labtech cameras
simultaneously. I can access three of four as long as two are not the
Logitech and the Labtec.

Anyone have any ideas that might help?

Any other suggestions to multiple camera monitoring software?

TIA

Old September 19th 05, 05:48 PM
Bob Day

StarLost wrote in message ...
I am experimenting with a multiple camera installation. Currently I
have access to four cameras:

Logitech 4000 Pro
Labtech
Celestron NexImage
Fuji 2800 Zoom

I am looking for a software package where I can monitor all four
cameras.

Try HomeSentinel -- it's free for 30 days anyway.
You can download it from http://bobday.vze.com

-- Bob Day

Old September 19th 05, 11:44 PM
Si Ballenger

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:55:08 -0400, StarLost wrote:

I am experimenting with a multiple camera installation. Currently I
have access to four cameras:

Logitech 4000 Pro
Labtech
Celestron NexImage
Fuji 2800 Zoom

I am looking for a software package where I can monitor all four
cameras. I have tried webcamXP but it is very heavy on system
resources. Also, if I wish to go from webcamXP to My Easy Cam or even
to QuickCam software, I am forced to do a cold boot.

Additionally, I am unable to use both the Logitech and Labtech cameras
simultaneously. I can access three of four as long as two are not the
Logitech and the Labtec.

Anyone have any ideas that might help?

Any other suggestions to multiple camera monitoring software?

TIA

Probably depends on how much $$$ you want to spend. Looks like
you are rying to use a mixed bag of cams. For multiple cams,
capture cards and analog cams are easier to work with. The ivista
switcher setup below is an affordable setup to use with an analog
capture card ans analog cams. Bottom link is a simple setup using
webcam2000 which is free.

http://www.myiwatch.com/products/har..._consumer.html
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000apptest.htm

Old September 20th 05, 03:52 PM
WatcherForYou

Tried WatcherForYou? It supports 4 cameras like your case, no cold
reboot needed, low usage on system resources. You can download it from
www.comctech.com and try 30 days for free.

BTW, Your Logitech and Labtech cannot work together, it should be a
driver issue, like they use same Plug-and-Play id or one driver
installs two instances.