ANN: Tilt Pan Software for Logitech Sphere / Orbit

Old April 12th 05, 01:17 PM
Stefan Seiz

Default ANN: Tilt Pan Software for Logitech Sphere / Orbit

LogiSphere
Software to control the Logitech Sphere / Orbit USB camera over the web

Looking around on the web I did not find any software which covered my
needs to control this piece of hardware. As many other people out there,
I wanted to control this camera over the web using any browser.

I started to write my own software.

Features:
- tilt pan control
- optional live webcam pictures
- web server included
- runs on any windows system with the .NET framework installed
- supports any webcam (although tilt/pan is only possible with the Logitech
PTZ camera)

You can get the software he
http://logisphere.seiz.ch

Old April 13th 05, 03:08 AM
Si Ballenger

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:17:01 +0200, Stefan Seiz
wrote:

LogiSphere
Software to control the Logitech Sphere / Orbit USB camera over the web

Looking around on the web I did not find any software which covered my
needs to control this piece of hardware. As many other people out there,
I wanted to control this camera over the web using any browser.

I started to write my own software.

Features:
- tilt pan control
- optional live webcam pictures
- web server included
- runs on any windows system with the .NET framework installed
- supports any webcam (although tilt/pan is only possible with the Logitech
PTZ camera)

You can get the software he
http://logisphere.seiz.ch

I gave it a try and it is interesting. The javapull page is very
similar to a setup I have at the below link using webcam2000. On
the options page the "listed" needs to be default unchecked. If
it is checked, the localhost test buttons will never work. I'd be
interested in an addition where a wuery string value could be
added to the frame request which would send some bytes out the
com port to switch a switcher prior to supplying a frame.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000.htm

Old April 13th 05, 06:52 AM
Stefan Seiz

Si Ballenger wrote:

I gave it a try and it is interesting.

Thank you for trying.

On the options page the "listed" needs to be default unchecked. If
it is checked, the localhost test buttons will never work.

Once the server is started, the localhost button will always work.
if the server is not started, you'll get an error message as in
http://localhost:12345/there_is_no_such_service

The 'listed' checkbox does not have much effect for now.
In future versions this will allow to get your camera listed on
http://logisphere.seiz.ch

I'd be interested in an addition where a wuery string value could be
added to the frame request which would send some bytes out the
com port to switch a switcher prior to supplying a frame.

for now I will complete the software as planned.

Features as
- motion detection
- local save
- timed shots
- ftp upload

will be implemented next

Support for other devices is somewhere in the future

http://logisphere.seiz.ch
Old April 13th 05, 07:11 PM
bumtracks

looked interesting,,, until...
It started popping a spam window pop-under & some hooky full screen search
page, an adult page, etc. as I fight to close everything to keep more from
coming. Appears freeware is not always freeware.
..

Old April 13th 05, 10:44 PM
Si Ballenger

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:52:36 +0200, Stefan Seiz
wrote:

Si Ballenger wrote:

I gave it a try and it is interesting.

Thank you for trying.

On the options page the "listed" needs to be default unchecked. If
it is checked, the localhost test buttons will never work.

Once the server is started, the localhost button will always work.
if the server is not started, you'll get an error message as in
http://localhost:12345/there_is_no_such_service

The server won't start.

The 'listed' checkbox does not have much effect for now.
In future versions this will allow to get your camera listed on
http://logisphere.seiz.ch

Now I'm curious about your designing the software as that isn't
what the button does. ;-)

Old April 14th 05, 06:59 AM
Stefan Seiz

bumtracks wrote:

looked interesting,,, until...
It started popping a spam window pop-under & some hooky full screen search
page, an adult page, etc.

What ever popped up on your end, it has nothing to do with LogiSphere.

LogiSphere will make no registry entries and keep all its files in one
directory.

Old April 14th 05, 06:22 PM
ThE SlAyEr

In ,
Stefan Seiz the stupid moronic freak from an alien
planet where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
bumtracks wrote:

looked interesting,,, until...
It started popping a spam window pop-under & some hooky full screen
search page, an adult page, etc.

What ever popped up on your end, it has nothing to do with LogiSphere.

LogiSphere will make no registry entries and keep all its files in one
directory.

i agree i installed it and had no pop ups or spyware whatsoever.....

cant get it to work thru my router tho....

but no extras were installed.....

i find if yu get lots of crap coming into yr pc ,, yu should use microsoft
antispyware it kills about everything

regards slayer

Old April 14th 05, 10:44 PM
Si Ballenger

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:11:45 GMT, "bumtracks"
wrote:

looked interesting,,, until...
It started popping a spam window pop-under & some hooky full screen search
page, an adult page, etc. as I fight to close everything to keep more from
coming. Appears freeware is not always freeware.

You've got some other issue going on with your computer. I
installed it and did not see those things.

Old April 28th 05, 12:10 PM
Stefan Seiz

wrote:

Si Ballenger wrote:

I gave it a try and it is interesting.

Thank you for trying.

The server won't start.

Hi Si Ballenger

maybe you should give it another try.
Today I released version 0.6.1 with major improvements compared to the
version you have.

http://logisphere.seiz.ch/download/

Old April 28th 05, 05:47 PM
Si Ballenger

wrote:

Si Ballenger wrote:

I gave it a try and it is interesting.
Thank you for trying.

The server won't start.

Hi Si Ballenger

maybe you should give it another try.
Today I released version 0.6.1 with major improvements compared to the
version you have.

http://logisphere.seiz.ch/download/

I downloaded the new version and I noticed two problems, one old
and one new. The old problem I've previously mentioned is that on
the options tab the "listed" box is checked by default. This
causes the webserver to fail to start when clicked on the server
tab page. With this box checked, the program tries to resolve any
url listed in the program using the dns server used by the
computers tcp/ip setup. This is causing the webserver startup to
fail, as the dns server cannot resolve the "localhost" default
urls you have loaded in the progaram. Unchecking the "listed" box
takes the dns server connection out of the picture and allows the
"localhosts" urls to be resolved appropriately to 127.0.0.1. I
suggest you make the default for the "listed" be unchecked, as
this will probably cause the casual user much fustration. The
second problem is that when a video capture device is selected,
the source button on the server page does not work. This may not
be a problem with a single logitech cam, but would be a problem
later if you want to expand your program beyond just the logitech
cam. The program recognizes my winnov capture card, my intel
webcam, and my brooktree based capture card. Using the source
button one should be able to select between the three video
inputs on the winnov card and the brooktree card.