Need advice for a Wireless camera

Old May 10th 04, 11:38 AM
Mikhaël

Availaible soon :
http://www.axis.com/products/cam_206w/index.htm

"Ron Bandes" RunderscoreBandes @yah00.com a écrit dans le message de
.net...
That's right. Wireless cameras like the X10 are not WiFi, and so they

don't
have WEP or WPA. They simply use the same frequency band. The 2.4 GHz
band, called ISM (Industrial, Scientific, Medical), is used for many
purposes besides WiFi: cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens,
wireless cameras.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

"Walter Roberson" wrote in message
In article ,
Ron Bandes RunderscoreBandes @yah00.com wrote:
:This is a poor application of a wireless camera. These devices are not
:secure. Anyone parked in front of your house with a wireless receiver

can
:see when your baby is alone in the room.

Your implication is that wireless cameras do not support WEP or WPA ?
--
Are we *there* yet??

Old May 16th 04, 09:16 PM
SlAyEr

bumtracks wrote:
Well, his worded sounded like he was going to do that.

Nothing in the origional wording below to indicate the baby would
be alone. Your imigination worked that up.

I'll have a baby in 5 months and I'm looking for a good wireless
camera to see the baby when I'm not in home.

Whoa, whoa, you're going leave the baby alone in the house when
you're not at home?

As a guy that worked mostly in other peoples offices , one afternoon
I was nearby and went home early, early for me at least - probably
close to 5.
An 81 yr old neighbor lady rapidly approached and very
seriously/sternly said; 'Your new baby's been crying all day long
and no one has been home'.

At the time I had a fairly new daughter, probably one + yrs old...
and
an Amazon parrot about the same age.
Had to walk that neighbor all through the house with her looking in
every nook & cranny - her day long concerns didn't seem to want to
believe a parrot could cry so loud and with such expression. And of
course, to the parrot `mums the word when guests first arrive.

i have a wireless camera set up ( or 5 actually)

and my neighbour has one too and the lady across the road...

we all have access to each others cameras......

and i believe the lady across the road regularly tunes into my bird table
cam which i rareley watch..

she can also see my other cameras and my neighbours....

but i dont see a problem as we dont stand in front of the cameras naked or
anything like that....

its mainly for street security....

to see what they can see go here :
http://www.easyfreewebcam.com/cam/lordquavis/

two of these are totally wireless (#1 and #3)and one is half wired and half
wireless#4.....the fouth is hard wired#2...

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer