ebuyer enote turnaround - still not under control!

Old March 17th 05, 02:27 PM
Mike

Default ebuyer enote turnaround - still not under control!

Just sent my first in enote of this year and received the following:

Many thanks for using our website for your customer service query. We are
currently replying to all queries within 7 business days, please bear with
us while we process your query.

Regards,
eBuyer.com

I can't believe they haven't got this down to 2/3 days by now. 7 Business
days is a week and a half. It is way to long.
It was 7 business days in December 2004!

The worst part is after they reply to this enote it will require my reply to
then deal with the problem which means this whole problem is going to drag
on for at least 3/4 weeks.

It's hardly rocket science what they need to do to reduce this, it's simply
hiring drones and getting bums on seats
to answer the enotes.

I am big fan of ebuyer due to their pricing which has saved me £££ over the
years, but this enote turnaround issue is a real problem now.

Old March 17th 05, 02:30 PM
Mike

"Mike" wrote in message

ps. rant over, grrrrr

Old March 17th 05, 03:45 PM
Mike Scott

Geoffrey wrote:
If anyone else has recommendations for online companies that give good
customer service after a problem I'll listen.

Novatech.

various domains listed at www.scottsonline.org.uk
regards. Mike Scott Harlow Essex England.(unet -a-t- scottsonline.org.uk)
Old March 17th 05, 03:49 PM
Mike Jenkins

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:45:43 GMT, Mike Scott
wrote:

Geoffrey wrote:
If anyone else has recommendations for online companies that give good
customer service after a problem I'll listen.

Novatech.

I'll second that, and add Tekheads.

--
Mike Jenkins
Dreamcast/Gamecube FAQs - http://www.kwik-e-mart.org
Old March 17th 05, 06:09 PM
shaun

"Geoffrey" wrote in message

snip note about ebuyer

They've lost me as a customer. After posts I've seen in this newsgroup
and the fact that they have a proper telephone number, I'm going with
Aria from now on. If they are a little more expensive (and the
comparisons I've made so far seem to show that any difference is
marginal) I'll take that in return for that magic telephone number and
a company who responds to email in less than a week.

Aria aren't perfect but the last two orders I've placed have been picked
correctly and arrived next day with none of this arsing around with "super
priority express delivery surcharge" bull**** that ebuyer put you through.

Pricing not a million miles out (in fact what I save on TFT screens pays for
the stuff that is more expensive than ebuyer) and anyway, I'd rather pay
that little bit more to at least have a company that responds to emails
promptly.

You have to be careful with Aria shipping costs as there are some
anomalies - eg some graphics cards add a lot more to shipping charges than
outwardly identical ones.

Oh, and Aria's shipping packaging is better as well...

Old March 17th 05, 07:44 PM
Trevor

wrote:

Geoffrey wrote:

If anyone else has recommendations for online companies that give good
customer service after a problem I'll listen.

Novatech.

I'll second that, and add Tekheads.

Try the new kid on the block www.fast-tek.co.uk

p.s. Please regard this as spam as it is run by a friend of mine.
Old March 18th 05, 01:23 AM
Martin Milan

One would think. I dread to think how many enotes they are receiving
if takes that long to respond and action. Is there such a difference
between enotes and email? I wouldn't have thought so,

One advantage I would imagine with the enotes system is that it would
allow them to know who would be in charge of each log, which should
allow them to have better control of the whole process.

It would work too, but they seem determined not to have a any other form
of contact mechanism, so I won't touch 'em with a borrowed barge-pole...

Old March 18th 05, 06:10 PM
Black Shuck

Mike got up from the bar and shouted: :
[...]

The answer is simple. Vote with your wallet (like most most other
people do), and go elsewhere, otherwise, put up with it..

Unfortunately, very few on-line companies can make that balance between
good customer service AND good prices, virtually all fall into one or
the other...

There are of course a few that DO manage it. Namely: SVP, ITDealers,
CCL (IMHO)
Old March 19th 05, 01:07 PM
Mark S.

[...]

You answered your own rant right there. ;-)

Everyone wants bargain prices but expects to get them without any
penalty.

Drones cost money. It's not even GSCE science it's profits... :-(

Mark S.