1030 motherboard help

Old September 21st 03, 11:42 AM
Ian

Default 1030 motherboard help

I need to upgrade the bios on a Packard bell 1030 mobo in a packard bell
club machine. I'm trying to install a 40gig HD. I can't find the bios
anywhere to download.
Can anyone help
Thanks

Old September 21st 03, 01:05 PM
Elector

"Ian" wrote in message
I need to upgrade the bios on a Packard bell 1030 mobo in a packard

bell
club machine. I'm trying to install a 40gig HD. I can't find the

bios
anywhere to download.
Can anyone help
Thanks

Ian: at the Packard Bell FTP site below it lists every single Packard
Bell and NEC system you could think of. But the problem is that it in
PB's code there is a bios for the 1030 called refbios011030100 but
again since you cannot be sure what version or when this file has been
placed there I would not hazard a guess as to it being helpful.
ftp://ftp.packardbell.com/pub/itemnr/

or from my download site here
http://www.hereipost.web1000.com/1030mb.exe which has the 1030mb.exe
bios with a date of 11-1999 however I cannot say if that is the actual
date of the BIOS and you would have to look at it with a text editor
to be sure. You can view the BIOS files them selves at my site here
http://www.hereipost.web1000.com/files

You can also go to http://www.unicore.com and get a bios update there.
It however costs money.

I hope that helped?

Elector

Old September 21st 03, 01:30 PM
Elector

"Elector" wrote in message

"Ian" wrote in message
[...]

Update to my post above. Web 1000 no longer allows the act of keeping
files on one site for download from another site. it does allow
however the fetching of the .exe which I just tested and is
functional. Sorry. I will grab another free host site this afternoon
and upload the files there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Elector

Old September 22nd 03, 03:26 PM
Ian

Thanks for the info

Ian

Old September 22nd 03, 07:30 PM
Elector

"Ian" wrote in message
Thanks for the info

Ian

Your welcome. Sorry I was not of more assistance.

Elector