How do I turn off the ATI CD & DVD Player Software?

Old January 10th 04, 03:54 AM
Bill

Default How do I turn off the ATI CD & DVD Player Software?

Whenever I put a cd in (dvd or cd) either the ati
movie player or the ati cd player pops up and
starts playing the cd or dvd.

I DONT want these programs to start everytime I
insert a disc, this maybe a very simple question
but I sure cant seem to find out where or how to
change the settings so they dont just kick right
in and play the discs...

Bill

Old January 10th 04, 04:51 AM
Tod

Do want some other program to play CDs and DVDs
or just want no program to run when a disc is inserted ?

Old January 10th 04, 04:55 AM
Bill

Now that I really think about it, I would rather
no programs opened the disc and I choose to open a
program on its own, I know this would be disabling
the cdrom drives auto insert feature (vs just
turning off atis programs) anyone know how to do
that in windows 2000 pro?

Or just how to shut off the ati programs from
starting automatically...

Old January 10th 04, 05:06 AM
Bill

actually found it thru a google search
(how to disable Auto Insert Notification in Win
2000)

To disable AIN on Win2k, Click the Start button
followed by selecting "Run". Type in "gpedit.msc"
and click OK. Click and expand "Computer
Configuration", followed by "Administrative
Template", followed by "System". Double click
"Disable Autoplay" and then select "Enable"
followed by clicking "OK".

That should fix me up here, just hated when those
cds and dvds would just autostart with ati
programs, cuz sometimes you might just wanna rip
the disc with audio catylist or maybe just copy a
disc in nero or something vs having to shut the
ati based stuff off after each time you insert
something, now whatever I insert "should" not
trigger any programs to open them automatically
and that is fine by me, sorry to have taken up
your time here asking about how to shut down the
ati stuff, just turning off the whole auto insert
thing is a easy enough fix for me...