WinExplorer shows no "Used space/Free space" in properties for USB stick drive ? "Optimized for quick removal" error?

Old January 18th 08, 02:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Joe deAngelo

Default WinExplorer shows no "Used space/Free space" in properties for USB stick drive ? "Optimized for quick removal" error?

When I plug in my USB Stick I can access the drive, files and folders in WinExplorer as usual
except one curios issue:

When I open (by right click) "Properties" in context menu then the values for

"Used space"
and
"Free space" are both 0

Why ? Hard disc drives show the values as expected.

I could imagine that this is because the USB stick is "Optimized for quick removal" in "Policies" tab.

Is this the reason?

Or do I have to enable USB stick space display somewhere explicitely ?

Joe