Help: Asus P6X58D-E mobo partially boots into bios.

Old May 8th 16, 08:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Sam

Default Help: Asus P6X58D-E mobo partially boots into bios.

I have an older Model P6X58D-E mobo.

Over the last few weeks, the PC would randomly lock up when doing normal things eg. browsing, working etc.

Sometimes it would be boot properly (go through the normal black bios text screen) other times I would have to reset it several times by pressing the reset or do a hard reset and hold it for 10 seconds. Sometimes, the boot process would stop part way like just before the USB controllers prompt other times before the CD rom prompt.

Just today it locked up again and now I can't boot at all. I see the PC tower's hard drive buttons working but not display.

I am thinking...rather hoping this might be the fault of the video card? However, I thought you can still boot into the bios without having a video card. Is that not correct?

Any suggestions on troubleshooting would be appreciated. I don't want to ditch this mobo, RAM, and CPU if I can help it.

Thanks