Why does Microsoft want to be hated?

Old December 2nd 13, 06:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Davej

Default Why does Microsoft want to be hated?

It is clearly a corporate strategy. By why?

Old December 2nd 13, 03:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

On Sun, 1 Dec 2013 22:12:28 -0800 (PST), Davej wrote:

| It is clearly a corporate strategy. By why?

It just seems that way. I think it's caused by their utter inability to grasp why
people don't eagerly accept their having such superior intelligence as to know far
better than we do what we really want and need.

Larc
Old December 2nd 13, 09:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Robin Bignall

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 10:30:43 -0500, Larc wrote:

On Sun, 1 Dec 2013 22:12:28 -0800 (PST), Davej wrote:

| It is clearly a corporate strategy. By why?

It just seems that way. I think it's caused by their utter inability to grasp why
people don't eagerly accept their having such superior intelligence as to know far
better than we do what we really want and need.

The same criticism was levelled at IBM in the 1960s. History repeating
itself?

--
Robin Bignall
Herts, England
Old December 3rd 13, 07:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Don Phillipson[_4_]

"Davej" wrote in message

It is clearly a corporate strategy. By why?

Because (in some markets) being loved or hated has no
effect on profitability, and the corporate goals are growth
and profits, not love.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old December 11th 13, 09:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Davej

On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:12:18 PM UTC-6, Don Phillipson wrote:
"Davej" wrote:

It is clearly a corporate strategy. By why?

Because (in some markets) being loved or hated has no
effect on profitability, and the corporate goals are growth
and profits, not love.

My favorites of the moment:

The pointless, idiotic, and counter-productive MSOffice UI redesigns, the default hiding of file extensions, default hiding of "excess" notifications, and the "expand the window if it touches the edge of the screen" facepalm.