ASUS + AMD 2700+ Overclocking

Old March 30th 05, 01:36 PM
€uroD

Default ASUS + AMD 2700+ Overclocking

i want to try increase my clock speed but not sure how and if possible
Old March 30th 05, 02:55 PM
Titus

You may put the botton "turbo".

Best regards.

--

Titus te aconseja q visites
http://es.geocities.com/titus_guada

Old March 30th 05, 03:57 PM
Wes Newell

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:36:19 +0000, uroD wrote:

i want to try increase my clock speed but not sure how and if possible

Multiplier x FSb = cpu clock speed.
Defaults
Tbred 13x166 = 2166MHz
Barton 12x166 = 2000MHz

Options? Depends on MB and cpu model.

Old March 30th 05, 05:54 PM
Hannes Mautz

Your 2700+ will most likely be a locked CPU.
That means, that you can't change the
Multiplicator.
To overclock such a CPU you need to higher
the FSB.
Most chipsets calculate the frequencies for
all the other components by dividing the FSB.
Therefore by increasing the FSB you are
most likely getting higher PCI, AGP and RAM
clocks.

Until you reach the next higher "official"
frequencies like
133 (266) - 166 (333) - 200 (400)

First of all you would have to determine
some of your central components.
Which kind of RAM do you have, how fast can
it go? PC2700 (333) or PC3200 (400)
If you can't keep your Ram synchronous to
your CPU you are loosing more performance
than you gain.

Simply post your configuration
Chipset - CPU (which Core) - RAM

If you start tweaking your FSB, start in small
steps (5 MHz for the beginning)
Always stress test CPU and RAM to determine
if your system is still stable.
Keep the temperatures under controle, especially
if you have to increase the VCore.

There are lots of good guides on overclocking
-- google

Just take your time and make sure that you have
backed up your system before. Sometimes an
instable CPU or RAM can do some nasty stuff to
the Windows Registry.
I personally don't like the "I could boot to
Windows without Bluescreen" test. It's much
safer to use a BootCD with some decent stress
tools.
(Ultimate Boot CD)

Old March 31st 05, 12:11 PM
€uroD

Simply post your configuration

ASUS A7V8X-MX SE
AMD Athlon XP 2700+ CPU
VIA KM400 chipset
S3 Onboard Unichrome Video Card
80gb UDMA 1st HDD
Onboard Realtek AC97 Audio for Via Sound Card

Chipset - CPU (which Core) - RAM

See enclosed .BMP file for CPU info
Old March 31st 05, 12:23 PM
€uroD

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:11:59 GMT, €uroD wrote:

Simply post your configuration

ASUS A7V8X-MX SE
AMD Athlon XP 2700+ CPU
VIA KM400 chipset
S3 Onboard Unichrome Video Card
80gb UDMA 1st HDD
Onboard Realtek AC97 Audio for Via Sound Card

Chipset - CPU (which Core) - RAM

See enclosed .BMP file for CPU info

correction motherboard: A7V8X-MX not A7V8X-MX SE as stated

Old March 31st 05, 02:14 PM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:23:08 GMT, €uroD wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:11:59 GMT, €uroD wrote:

Simply post your configuration

ASUS A7V8X-MX SE
AMD Athlon XP 2700+ CPU
VIA KM400 chipset
S3 Onboard Unichrome Video Card
80gb UDMA 1st HDD
Onboard Realtek AC97 Audio for Via Sound Card

Chipset - CPU (which Core) - RAM

See enclosed .BMP file for CPU info

correction motherboard: A7V8X-MX not A7V8X-MX SE as stated

Further correction, do not post binaries here please. Respect the
group.
Old March 31st 05, 10:19 PM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:36:00 +1000, "Michael Brown"

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:11:59 GMT, ?uroD wrote:

[...]
See enclosed .BMP file for CPU info

[...]
Further correction, do not post binaries here please. Respect the
group.

I was debating whether to mention this or not, but no binaries showed up. If
I mentioned it, then there's a chance no one else would bother to mention it
as well. So, I'd never find out whether my newsfeed was filtering out
binaries or not. Thanks for confirming that it does

Your feed is doing it's job Mike.