Olivetti m300-10 & bios

Old August 29th 10, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
T.K

Default Olivetti m300-10 & bios

Hi,

I have an old 386 pc, Olivetti m300-10. Could anyone tell or give an
educated guess, how to enter its bios? I have tried esc, del, f8, alt+ctrl+
(several keys). What key, or combination of keys could it be?

Old August 29th 10, 09:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

On 8/29/2010 3:20 PM, T.K wrote:
Hi,

I have an old 386 pc, Olivetti m300-10. Could anyone tell or give an
educated guess, how to enter its bios? I have tried esc, del, f8, alt+ctrl+
(several keys). What key, or combination of keys could it be?

The other standbys to try would be F1, F2 or F3, but I'm unfamiliar with
that era and manufacturer of PCs.
Old August 29th 10, 10:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

On 8/29/2010 4:20 PM, T.K wrote:
Hi,

I have an old 386 pc, Olivetti m300-10. Could anyone tell or give an
educated guess, how to enter its bios? I have tried esc, del, f8, alt+ctrl+
(several keys). What key, or combination of keys could it be?

A wild guess based upon largely-futile Google searches:

"Pulsar sin soltar SHIFT + CTRL + ALT + DEL (en este orden)"
which probably means "press and hold shift ctrl alt del in that order",
again, thanks to Google.
Old August 29th 10, 10:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
T.K

"John McGaw" kirjoitti
On 8/29/2010 4:20 PM, T.K wrote:
Hi,

I have an old 386 pc, Olivetti m300-10. Could anyone tell or give an
educated guess, how to enter its bios? I have tried esc, del, f8,

alt+ctrl+
(several keys). What key, or combination of keys could it be?

A wild guess based upon largely-futile Google searches:

"Pulsar sin soltar SHIFT + CTRL + ALT + DEL (en este orden)"
which probably means "press and hold shift ctrl alt del in that order",
again, thanks to Google.

Hi,

Thank you for quick replies, Grinder and John McGaw. Iīve already tried F1,
F2, F2 etc. I am also familiar with that Google search ("Pulsar sin soltar
SHIFT + CTRL + ALT + DEL (en este orden)" ) but I didnt know that it
propably means ...in that order. Iīll give it a try. If anyone else has any
good suggestions, please, I would really like to know.

Old August 29th 10, 11:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ken[_5_]

T.K wrote:
Hi,

I have an old 386 pc, Olivetti m300-10. Could anyone tell or give an
educated guess, how to enter its bios? I have tried esc, del, f8, alt+ctrl+
(several keys). What key, or combination of keys could it be?

I don't know about your computer, but a long time ago access to the
bios was done via a floppy disk. Could your computer be so old that it
too needs a boot disk to access the bios??
Old August 30th 10, 03:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

On 8/29/2010 5:53 PM, Ken wrote:
T.K wrote:
Hi,

I have an old 386 pc, Olivetti m300-10. Could anyone tell or give an
educated guess, how to enter its bios? I have tried esc, del, f8,
alt+ctrl+
(several keys). What key, or combination of keys could it be?

I don't know about your computer, but a long time ago access to the bios
was done via a floppy disk. Could your computer be so old that it too
needs a boot disk to access the bios??

There are some scraps on the web that tend to support this scenario.
Old August 30th 10, 05:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

On 08/29/2010 05:53 PM, Ken wrote:
T.K wrote:
Hi,

I have an old 386 pc, Olivetti m300-10. Could anyone tell or give an
educated guess, how to enter its bios? I have tried esc, del, f8,
alt+ctrl+
(several keys). What key, or combination of keys could it be?

I don't know about your computer, but a long time ago access to the bios
was done via a floppy disk. Could your computer be so old that it too
needs a boot disk to access the bios??

I am pretty sure you are right.

I've worked on a few antique machines (not Olevetti) that required such
a disk.

It's possible the machine may enter the bios if a hardware change is
made...such as pulling a card or changing the amount of ram

Just a guess though

One other bios entry key combination I did not see mentioned was

control-alt-escape

I had a machine one that used that combination
and even if booted to the OS would enter the bios if that combination of
keys was hit !
Old August 30th 10, 06:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
T.K

"philo" kirjoitti
T.K wrote:
[...]

Hi again, and thank you for all the suggestions, especially philo. Making a
hardware change worked, I removed two RAM sticks, and it entered to bios. I
still need to figure out how to navigate in bios.
I think the size of the hd is entered incorrectly and thats why I cant fdisk
and format the hd. Machine has a Conner cp3044 hd, and a spec sheet, I have
found at www.computerhope.com/hdconner.htm says it has 40 MBīs. Fdisk shows
41 MBīs and also displays a message "total disk space is 116 Mbytes",
strange?

Old August 30th 10, 08:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

"T.K" wrote in message

"philo" kirjoitti
On 08/29/2010

snip

[...]

Does fdisk allow you to delete all
then start over?

If not...

Maybe you can put the drive in another machine of approx the same vintage
and fdisk and format it there

Old August 30th 10, 10:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
T.K

"philo" kirjoitti
viestissä

"T.K" wrote in message

"philo" kirjoitti
On 08/29/2010

snip

[...]

Hi, I was able to delete primary dos partition, but when I tried to make
new, it just hung, so I did ctrl+alt+del. Yes, I guess it would be best to
put the drive in another machine, and install the OS. I could then continue
with those bios settings.

Olivetti PR2 & PR2E Mazze Printers 0 January 17th 06 10:15 AM
Armada m300 bios enter Miģosz Grajewski Compaq Computers 2 January 28th 05 11:02 PM
bios upgrade for old 486 Olivetti TINSL J General 1 March 20th 04 09:11 PM
Olivetti m300-10 Hangs at Fixed Disks flan General 8 July 28th 03 01:31 AM