Maximum overclock for Celeron 1300

Old July 27th 03, 09:18 PM
Juha Suoranta

Default Maximum overclock for Celeron 1300

"Jadranko Albert" wrote in message
I tried to overclock my Celeron Tualatin 1300 cpu and I achieved good
results:

13×116=1508 MHz - works perfectly stable with closed case and Titan 3000

rpm
cooler.

Then I tried more. After some testings I've overclocked it at:

13×120=1560 MHz - working ok, case is opened and the temperature is 29 C
(probably more, since motherboard don't monitor on-chip temperature). No
crashes till now (2 days), only I cannot start up from the standby.
What is the limit for this processor. I can't go further probably because

of
the FSB frequency is too high for PCI/ AGP bus. It boots up until windows
start up screen when it restarts automatically.
I've tried to overclock at 1729 MHz (I know it's silly). That is 13×133,

but
I cannon boot at this settings. I've tried to raise voltage from 1.5 V
defaults to 1.6 V, but nothing. Should I buy some better cooler or raise

the
voltage more, or I just reached its maximums.

Machine: ASUS TUSL2-C motherboard, 384 MB PC 133 RAM, ATI Radeon 7500,
Barracuda ATA IV @ 7200 60 GB, SB Live!.....

Thx for answers.

Greetings, Jadranko Albert
www.prevrat.net

I have my Cel 1300 running at 13x125 Mhz=1625 Mhz at 1.7V in Abit ST6 raid
mobo.All cpu's (and mobos) seem to be inviduals for their tolerance for
overclocking i have heard some to be able to run at 133 Mhz fsb but mine has
absolute limit of 127 Mhz and yours might have its limit in 120 Mhz.You
might want bump up your voltage to 1.7-1.8V to achieve better overclocking
results but remember you are doing this at your own risk of course but those
Tually Celerons come cheap these days if you can find one.

Juha Suoranta