4.1 to 5.1?

Old November 27th 04, 11:33 PM
Beekay

Default 4.1 to 5.1?

Is it possible to convert a 4.1 speaker setup to a 5.1 by adding another
speaker for the center channel? My board supports 5.1 and I wanted to give
it a try. The board has connectors for front, rear, and center/sub.

If this is possible what connector/adapters need to be bought and where?

Old November 28th 04, 01:12 AM
Crimson Liar

Umm, were you intending to run this straight from the PC or go through the
AMPLIFIER like your other speaskers do? I you see where Im coming from....

Crimson Liar

m...

Old November 28th 04, 02:33 AM
Beekay

The existing 4.1 set is powered from the sub and has two line-ins. My
thoughts are to plug one of the 4.1 leads into the center/sub, another into
the rear, and maybe another set of powered speakers into the front?

"Crimson Liar" wrote in message
Umm, were you intending to run this straight from the PC or go through the
AMPLIFIER like your other speaskers do? I you see where Im coming from....

Crimson Liar

m...