Mini PC with 2x PCI Slots?

Old April 15th 04, 07:17 AM
GovernmentDrone

Default Mini PC with 2x PCI Slots?

Does anyone know if any of the current mini-pc designs support 2 PCI slots?
If so, any pointers to where I could buy one would be appreciated! (I need
two slots to house 2xTV Tuner cards)

TIA

Old April 15th 04, 08:26 AM
Bagpuss

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:17:35 +0100, "GovernmentDrone"
wrote:

Does anyone know if any of the current mini-pc designs support 2 PCI slots?
If so, any pointers to where I could buy one would be appreciated! (I need
two slots to house 2xTV Tuner cards)

TIA

I saw one yesterday.. checks cache..... overclockers.co.uk shudder
Soltek barebones EQ3702 is one of them.
Old April 15th 04, 09:25 AM
Paul-B - the original and the best!

Bagpuss posted:

wrote:

Does anyone know if any of the current mini-pc designs support 2
PCI slots? If so, any pointers to where I could buy one would be
appreciated! (I need two slots to house 2xTV Tuner cards)

TIA

I saw one yesterday.. checks cache..... overclockers.co.uk shudder
Soltek barebones EQ3702 is one of them.

Available from CCL (much better than ocuk).

--
Paul-B

Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
really must!
Old April 15th 04, 10:53 AM
JasonB

Bagpuss wrote:

snip

I saw one yesterday.. checks cache..... overclockers.co.uk shudder
Soltek barebones EQ3702 is one of them.

Err, no it doesn't. I ordered one of these from Overclockers a couple
of weeks ago and it has one PCI slot and one AGP slot. It does have
space for two 5.25" devices though, providing you don't install a full
length AGP or PCI card.

For details check out the following link;

http://www.soltek-computer.de/soltek...isbn_st=EQ3702

--
Regards,
Jason

To email replace nospam4me with blueyonder
Old April 15th 04, 11:50 AM
Bagpuss

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:53:02 +0100, JasonB
wrote:

Bagpuss wrote:

snip

I saw one yesterday.. checks cache..... overclockers.co.uk shudder
Soltek barebones EQ3702 is one of them.

Err, no it doesn't. I ordered one of these from Overclockers a couple
of weeks ago and it has one PCI slot and one AGP slot. It does have
space for two 5.25" devices though, providing you don't install a full
length AGP or PCI card.

Oh well Overclockers web site innacuracies.

For details check out the following link;

http://www.soltek-computer.de/soltek...isbn_st=EQ3702

Thanks, put me off buying one that did. I think I'll get an AMD64
based shuttle box....when I have some money that is.
Old April 15th 04, 11:55 AM
lizard

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:17:35 +0100, GovernmentDrone wrote:

Does anyone know if any of the current mini-pc designs support 2 PCI slots?
If so, any pointers to where I could buy one would be appreciated! (I need
two slots to house 2xTV Tuner cards)

If a mini-itx box would be powerful enough for you then you could try
http://www.mini-itx.com/store/ and get something with a larger case and a
pci riser.

Lizard

Old April 15th 04, 12:56 PM
GovernmentDrone

"lizard" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:17:35 +0100, GovernmentDrone wrote:

Does anyone know if any of the current mini-pc designs support 2 PCI

slots?
If so, any pointers to where I could buy one would be appreciated! (I

need
two slots to house 2xTV Tuner cards)

If a mini-itx box would be powerful enough for you then you could try
http://www.mini-itx.com/store/ and get something with a larger case and a
pci riser.

Lizard

Thanks for the suggestions.
Sadly, mini-ITX wouldn't have quite the power I'd need for my little
project. If all else fails I may just look for the smallest 'normal' case I
can find (I'm assuming desktop cases are still available!)

Old April 15th 04, 02:38 PM
Bagpuss

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:56:44 +0100, "GovernmentDrone"
wrote:

"lizard" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:17:35 +0100, GovernmentDrone wrote:

Does anyone know if any of the current mini-pc designs support 2 PCI

slots?
If so, any pointers to where I could buy one would be appreciated! (I

need
two slots to house 2xTV Tuner cards)

If a mini-itx box would be powerful enough for you then you could try
http://www.mini-itx.com/store/ and get something with a larger case and a
pci riser.

Lizard

Thanks for the suggestions.
Sadly, mini-ITX wouldn't have quite the power I'd need for my little
project. If all else fails I may just look for the smallest 'normal' case I
can find (I'm assuming desktop cases are still available!)

Give one of the Asus cases a try (they have them on show at
overclockers in the barebones section). Lot of other places do them
too.
Old April 16th 04, 07:16 PM
ThePunisher

GovernmentDrone wrote:
Does anyone know if any of the current mini-pc designs support 2 PCI
slots? If so, any pointers to where I could buy one would be
appreciated! (I need two slots to house 2xTV Tuner cards)

TIA

Asus Pundit.

--
ThePunisher

Old April 18th 04, 04:34 PM
Martin Francis

"GovernmentDrone" wrote in message
Does anyone know if any of the current mini-pc designs support 2 PCI

slots?
If so, any pointers to where I could buy one would be appreciated! (I need
two slots to house 2xTV Tuner cards)

If you have the cash, substitute one TV tuner and your graphics card for an
All-In-Wonder graphics card.

--
- Martin Francis

"Two hundred channels, and nothing but cats"
- Jasper