HERES ONE FOR YOU ALL?

Old August 25th 03, 01:05 AM
Dragon

Default HERES ONE FOR YOU ALL?

sorry I forgot to mention when I upgraded my card I also upgraded all my
system so a fresh install of windows xp went on the machine, so they only
video card drivers that went on the machine where the 44.03 drivers from the
cd disk I got with the card

Dave

"User" wrote in message
I used a utility called Nasty File Remover to remove all my old Nvidia
drivers before upgrading and it did a reasonable job except that the
display driver "nv4_disp.dll" for some reason windows would keep
reinserting it in the windows\system32 and windows\system32\dllcache
folder so I booted an old windows98 floppy to manually delete these
files. Try uninstalling your current driver then booting to dos to
remove this file from these two directories.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 00:15:48 +0100, "Dragon"
wrote:

I recently upgraded my video card from a geforce 2 ti to a fx 5600 128mb
card(which is the dogs ******) but, every now and again when I boot the
machine up into windows xp the screen res and colours reset to default
(800x600) (4 Colours). When I put the disk I got with the video card

back
in the drive and install the drivers back on the machine (44.03) hey

presto
back to normal colours and res. Of course 5-6 days later guess what
happens. Windows says there are no conflicts of any card and I also have
changed the irq settings in the bios to various numbers instead of all

auto.
What I need to know is it the video card drivers or the video card got a
problem. I also exit the Nview icon in the sys tray but this surely
shouldn't make a difference as the machine still runs and boot

afterwards.
Any one else had this problem or anyone give me some advise. My specs if
they help are

win xp pro
768mb ddr ram
2 x 40 gig hard drives
gigabyte ga 7n400l1 mobo with up to date bios fa 6
inno 3d geforce fx 5600 128mb

cheers dave

Old August 25th 03, 02:36 AM
Chimera

User wrote:
I used a utility called Nasty File Remover to remove all my old Nvidia
drivers before upgrading and it did a reasonable job except that the
display driver "nv4_disp.dll" for some reason windows would keep
reinserting it in the windows\system32 and windows\system32\dllcache

snip

something to do with the xp system file restore stuff. Haven't quite
figured out how it works, or why, but it is a real pain in the arse.