[FX5600] problem exiting some direct3D applications ?

Old August 23rd 03, 08:25 PM
ho alexandre

Default [FX5600] problem exiting some direct3D applications ?

Hi all !

I've got a problem, I can't quit UT (the one released in 1999, not UT2003).

I can play with it using Direct3D, just like a did last year, but now
when I quit, the program actually quits, but then my screen does not
receive any signal. My keyboard is not blocked since I can still check
the 3 leds on top of my num pad.

Here is my config :
DirectX 9.0b
VC : Asus V9560 (based on GeForceFX5600) with Asus driver #44.71C

I play fullscreen, same resolution & color depth as on my windows
desktop (1280x960 32bits).

I have the same problem with Rogue Spear Black Thorn.
I don't have any problem with Morrowind which uses Direct3D too.
When I use OpenGL for UT1999 I can quit properly, but playing is then a
pain in the 4ss.

I don't understand, back when I had my Matrox G200, or even when I had
my Kyro II, I could play & quit, is my graphic card too sexy ? In that's
the case, why don't I have problems with Morrowind or the UT2003 demo ?

I thank you in advance for any answer that would help be reach the Truth
(I want to believe). Except "nVidia suxxor cuz ATI rule da world".

*another dumb question* : I see that Asus provides its own drivers, but
nVidia also does. I have always used the Asus drivers, should I take the
nVidia ones ?

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/

Old August 24th 03, 12:01 AM
ho alexandre

aep@nospam wrote:
I am not sure this will help, but make sure you have the right monitor
defined in Windows and not a Plug'n'Pray driver.

I did install the correct driver for my monitor. Thanks for giving an
answer.

Old August 25th 03, 06:15 PM
Mario Kadastik

ho alexandre wrote:

*another dumb question* : I see that Asus provides its own drivers, but
nVidia also does. I have always used the Asus drivers, should I take the
nVidia ones ?

you might want to try the 45.23 WHQL detonators from www.nvidia.com as
they seem to incorporate many fixes to many odd things. The 44.71 are
actually based on nVidia beta drivers so it might help if you use the
latest detonators.

I have used Asus drivers when they are at the same level or later as are
the latest detonators, but if they are behind, then I'd go for the
detonators.

Mario

This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM
Problem with freezing mouse, Windows Explorer Jon Davis General 3 April 3rd 04 04:06 AM
FIC or HIS for a 9600Pro? Phrederick General 8 December 16th 03 12:17 PM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM